yay! the new M/T dr's rock!

slo95.0

Oct 24, 2003
fort worth texas
new times for me, these is the first time out to the track with my new set of 275-50-15 Mickey thompson drag radials.

1.834 60ft
5.510 330ft
1/8th mile et 8.52 @ 81.51 mph.
this is in full street trim, i just wanted to try out the new tires.
i cant wait till these tires break in, i made another pass and it felt like a 1.7 60ft but the damn timer went blank at the track and they closed it down cuz it started lightning bad and raining right after. another good thing is i drove home with the tires on (they are mounted on 15x10'rims) and i have 15x3.5 with sportsman skinnies up front and they still drove ok in the rain, i didnt feel like swerving for the sake of testing them for you guys, but it was 15 miles home in pouring rain and i didnt have a problem.

love these tires.
later

someone up date the ET list for stock H/C/I cars :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

i had nitto's before, i would get mainly 2.0's and 1.9's sometimes, but once i got a 1.89 but it was on a pro mod nite at the tracked and it was prepped like crazy.

like i said this is the first pass ever, and i bogged them. im sure i will get some 1.7's easy

94SC50 said:
Wow that's pretty good 60's. :nice: What are you dumping the clutch @ or are you riding it out?
Any spinning at all?
Where you using the Nitto DR's in 275 before?
yup, the nitto 275's got me a 1.89 60ft one time on a pro mod nite with lots of track prep and fast cars laying down rubber, but every other time it was 1.9's and mostly 2.0's

no spinning, i was actually bogging at 3800rpm. i need to raise it up but i didnt get a chance before the rain. i hold roll out of the clutch completly and then nail the throttle when i launch, so no slipping it. im too scared i will brake the autozone clutch it has in it lol