yet ANOTHER terrible day....

well im comin home from my friends house this afternoon, after checkin out his busted up rim from a pothole, and im in 3rd gear......so i down shift into second and i start to pull into my driveway, and as i start to turn the wheel, and put in the clutch, i hear a terrible scraping sound......so i said well if something is gonna break, i want it to break on flat ground (street) rather than my long, steep driveway.......to i pull the car in teh street, and get under teh car, and everything looks fine.....so i back the car up, and cut the wheel and start to turn the car into the driveway, and thee whole front of the car just DROPS!!!!....so at first i thought i popped a tire, so i got out to look, and the driver front is slammed, resting on top of the tire......so i was like oh **** i broke a strut mount under the hood.........so i open the hood, and everything is fine, so im wondering what the hell is going on.......so then i get under the car, and the brake dust shield is crunched in the wheel (scraping sound), and the a-arm is lying on the ground, and teh spring is dangling from the upper spring perch.......then i take a closer look, and realize the balljoint is cracked in 2, and popped outta the a-arm........so teh car is now crooked, 1/2 in teh street, 1/2 in the driveway, and we cant get it out....so we called AAA at 5:30 PM, and they say 1.5 hrs give or take a few mins.....so 2 hrs later we call and they tell us that RT 280 is flooded, and all teh AAA trucks are tending to that and it will be another hr......so we were like ok fine.......10PM rolls around, and theres still no truck, so we called em again......its on its way....thank god.......so the guy gets here and says "no way we can get this car on teh flatbed sir".....i was like why teh hell not, and hes like "well we need wheel dollies to put teh front wheels into so it doesnt rub the fender........so i was like ur tellin me ur gonna rest the body of teh car on my tire to move it? and hes like "yis sir, lemme call another truck with wheel dollies".........so now its 10:35 and we have to wait til 11:30 or 12AM because they are so backed up........im sry that its so long im just venting.....its been a bad month for me with this car......... :(

• Sponsors (?)

89 blue lx said:
damn dude i think it may be time for a new car haha
yea no kiddin.......i wana just paint the front so it looks like the same as before, take all my performance **** out of it, take of the side window decals, and hope a dumbass that doesnt know **** about cars or frames buys it, so i can get back at least what i paid for the car......its givin me too many headaches over the last 3-4 months, that its starting to discourage me a lot.....dont worry tho...if its gettin sold, another 94-95 will be rite back in my driveway after that...... :D

CManT1914 said:
sorry to hear that man. Have you figured up the cost of the damage yet? We all have bad days like that, luckily mine wasn't with my car (you know about my hand, lol). Hope it works out for ya bud. :nice:
gonna be about $50 for teh ball joint, and $130 or so for labor......im seriously thinkin im gonna get 2 of em and do it myself tomorro.....ive got a press, and i need the car ASAP...i got final exams starting wednesday that i needa get to.......that is if i wanna get into college :(

stprorolla49 said:
yea i woulda been killed or hurt if i was goin 70 or so on the Parkway, and this happened......i woulda been a gonner........

:flag: Very true, glad you're safe. If you're comfortable doing it, just fix it yourself. For me, suspension is real easy. Plus it gives you the chance to upgrade to some Steeda X2's! lol, gotta look on the positive side. I get a chance to relearn how to do everything with my left hand. ;)

CManT1914 said:
:flag: Very true, glad you're safe. If you're comfortable doing it, just fix it yourself. For me, suspension is real easy. Plus it gives you the chance to upgrade to some Steeda X2's! lol, gotta look on the positive side. I get a chance to relearn how to do everything with my left hand. ;)
yea i was just on steeda's site lookin at the X2's. but i need to get em asap.....like tomorrow, and i'd need some help from my dad to learn how to do it, and hes busy during the week (surgeon).........

now im SOO pissed off......the dumbass that came at 12:30 last nite didnt know how to work the wheel dollies right, and i told him he was doing it wrong, and he insisted he was tight, and he ended up creasing my NEW FENDER that i JUST replaced after the accident.......i wanted to ****in scream at him but my dad was there.........i dont even know what to do anymore with this car........one more little thing that happens, and its gone........

Don't let a few problems discourage you, a lot of **** can happen from any car even brand new ones, lol. My balljoints aren't there yet but are close, my driver's side one squeaks a lot. Whats most important is that you got home before your balljoint cracked. I've actually seen this happen to my friend in his truck on the interstate and it is not cool. If you do decide to get rid of your car you should spring for a nice 94-95 cobra :)

Good luck dude, I hope everything works out for ya, I don't have the best of luck with cars sometimes myself.

Sorry to hear man, lucky you weren't driving. File a complaint about the fender and get a receipt from the body shop shwoing the fender is brand new. Then do the ball joints yourself, (easy job with the correct press) and sell the damn thing. BUY MY CAR!! Your car is haunted man, its a bad omen. Just kiddin. Its startin to sound like my bronco...welcome to my world. Lemme know if you need some help with the ball joints, I'll take a ride down and help ya out.

Nick

ALMOSTFINISHED said:
Sorry to hear man, lucky you weren't driving. File a complaint about the fender and get a receipt from the body shop shwoing the fender is brand new. Then do the ball joints yourself, (easy job with the correct press) and sell the damn thing. BUY MY CAR!! Your car is haunted man, its a bad omen. Just kiddin. Its startin to sound like my bronco...welcome to my world. Lemme know if you need some help with the ball joints, I'll take a ride down and help ya out.

Nick
thanks a lot chief...i brought the car down to the shop last nite at 2AM and left it there with the keys.....i had called them during business hrs, and they told me to leave it, and drop th keys in the key drop.....as much as i wanna get some Steeda X2's and do it myself, i dont have the time because i start finals on Wed, and i NEED the car...both my 'rents will be at work......