You ever get tired while waxing and give up?

CobraRed_96_GT

May 20, 2006
UCSD/La Jolla
Yeah me niether, so worth the lovelyness. I used Poorboy's paste wax and Zymol formula wax. I saw a fly land on my car and he slid off:nice:

picture100at2.jpg
picture101ts4.jpg
picture104yi3.jpg
picture106og0.jpg
picture107xf1.jpg

Laser Red FTW:drool:
:eek: CobraRed_96GT made a thread and has pix on the 1st page???:eek:

Attachments

• picture100at2.jpg
    picture100at2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 67
  • picture101ts4.jpg
    picture101ts4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • picture104yi3.jpg
    picture104yi3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • picture106og0.jpg
    picture106og0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 70
  • picture107xf1.jpg
    picture107xf1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 70
  • Sponsors (?)

yea ive gotten tired of waxing but never give up. Especially 2 weeks ago i clay barred the car and then i put on some cleaner wax next and then some meguiars tech wax on top of that. The car is so smooth now I think it added like 20 more hp. so if you include the borla sticker under the hood i think im around 400 now.

I hear you. I read the Zymol bottle and it said just do a small area at a time.

After using it I know why. I applied it to my whole car and I seriously was not sure I would be able to get it all off. My arm felt like jelly by the time I was done.

Old school paste waxes require much more elbow grease than the new tech waxes do...

Kilgore Trout said:
I hear you. I read the Zymol bottle and it said just do a small area at a time.

After using it I know why. I applied it to my whole car and I seriously was not sure I would be able to get it all off. My arm felt like jelly by the time I was done.

Old school paste waxes require much more elbow grease than the new tech waxes do...
but Zymol does do a damn good job, just use it conservatively. Also w/ Zymol i tend to find places i missed like a week later, so i carry a towel w/ me.

Oh, I agree I love Zymol. I only use it about once a year, I use Turtle Wax Color Cure Tech Wax most of the time. The Color Cure hides scratches and comes off real easy.

Kilgore Trout said:
Oh, I agree I love Zymol. I only use it about once a year, I use Turtle Wax Color Cure Tech Wax most of the time. The Color Cure hides scratches and comes off real easy.
I use this for scratches, it's what detail shops use - gotta put it on w/ the aerodynamics of the car tho not in circles, then wipe w/ a microweave cloth.
picture108sj7.jpg

Attachments

• picture108sj7.jpg
    picture108sj7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 57
I know this is irrelivant but I love your side exhuast. I was wondering how visible the cat back system is tho forom a distance. Also what kind of tips are those and how much did it cost? thanks.

crazystang05 said:
I know this is irrelivant but I love your side exhuast. I was wondering how visible the cat back system is tho forom a distance. Also what kind of tips are those and how much did it cost? thanks.
Not irrelivant at all, i appreciate the admiration. From a distance you can't see the actual bend unless your looking from a low angle then you may see the 90 degree bend and my high flow cats. They are Magnaflow dual wall rolled oval tips on each side - the cat-back itself just has a 3inch 2 1/2 peice connecting the x-pipe to the small maganflow barrel resonator then the bend to the side. Costed me about $280 to buy the parts from maganflow and the pipes, then weld it all together.