Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002

Attachments

• purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 122
  • Sponsors (?)

Jaswir said:
damn thats alot of money for that car... with all those things wrong with it... but it does look good!

Yeah..I'll try to lower the price. Its not to far from my house...shipping wont cost alot..or I could go pick it up. Thanks

Joe, it's too much $$ for all those problems. It looks nice and the body is straight, but all those small repairs add up quick. If you can get it for a better price, it would be worth it.

srothfuss said:
Joe, it's too much $$ for all those problems. It looks nice and the body is straight, but all those small repairs add up quick. If you can get it for a better price, it would be worth it.

Thanks srothfuss...I bought it down to $4300..what do you think?

It's your money so think hard to determine if this is really the car for you. A top can run anywhere between 700 and 900 USD [installed.] The pump probably needs to be replaced so figure a couple more dollars for that... All told, it'll have 5,500 or so invested into it. I think I would do it, but like I said, this is your money.

Im waiting for a phone call form ford for an estimate on a new top...I will probably take it form there..Ill you guys posted...thxs for thr help!:nice:

top are expensive...i had a top replaced on my previous car b/c it had a hole in it in the same specific spot ever1 with a vert has unless you pay attention when you close open your top...but it cost me a lil over 1000 installed it was a ford top...but the dealer didnt install it.....great job though but i would have rather used the grand for something else...like heads!

My 92Gt was in excellent condition....I sold it for a vert like you guys know, But I want a stang so much I will settle with anything just to have one...I think thats a bad place to be because I dont want to get something in bader condition that what I used to have!

Im just scared I wont find any if I keep rejecting the ones I find now :eek:

Anyone else like this?? Sorry for the sob story..lol:D :Zip2:

you have to be patient cause you dont wanna pos...mustangs are popular and youll come across them alot...some guys know what they have and some dont....i mean theres a guy that works at this gas staion down the street...he only wants 2 g for his its and 88 lx hatch...needs paint..but body is straight and the engine runs good tranny rebuilt like 3 k miles ago....the only thing is his speedo dont work but he says it has around 150k..thats a nice project car reasonably priced...im he other guy that wont sell my baby...my neighboor offeres me money for mine every sunday when we are cleaning our cars outside....do you know how good that makes me feel..especially since he has a 05 GTO....he is in love with my car and the offer he is giving me is very generous but i cant sell mine

Joe, just remember that on any given day you can run out and buy a Mustang. Just like LX was saying...

This one (the eBay one) does look great, but you have to consider all of the things you'll want to get fixed. If you're going to be happy fixing it up and driving it just for enjoyment than it's probably a good deal. But if you want one that is all there, I'd pass on this one.

Don't worry if you pass. There will always be a nicer & faster one out there than yours anyways so be happy with whatever you choose.

I did the same thing and bought a lemon Joe... $4,500 for the car and I've spent another $4,000 in the past 9 months and it still needs paint :mad: and has a lot of small problems with it.

I could find you a nice black one for 2500...(shameless hint from me)

Honestly though, that ebay seems a bit pricey. I'm not sure where you live but everyone seems right on the money about what you'll end up putting into it. Keep lookin, its still cold out!:D