Your pads?

• Sponsors (?)

what brand are the pads at auto zone? I'd be careful, some pads I've used in the past (generics, thats particularly the reason why i cant remember their names) have been garbage. Garbage in that they've made noise, had bad wear, and just all around crappiness. If you want to really have great brakes, get slotted rotors (i recommend http://www.powerslot.com ) and some really good pads (like hawk's high performance ones).

Just my thoughts.

Chances are others will chime in tomorrow, as it's pretty late right now (2:30am on sunday night...) most people are in bed. Give this thread some time, and bump it. I'm interested to see other's responses, too. :nice:

65,000 Miles and I still have the factory pads front and rear , they still look like brand new , I did replace the rotors tho . :)

I guess your driving has a lot to do with your choice of pads .

Hawk will give you very good performance but like any high performance pads be ready to have a lot of brake dust .

In my case I don't drive hard so upgrading my pads is not a must , I just did the rotors and it was mostly for looks ! :)

Kotex Type-R race pads.

:rlaugh:

J/K. Actually when the factory pads wear out, I'll go with EBC. I've got them on my Triumph and they made a big difference over the OEM pads on it and I have heard plenty of good things about them for cars. The Green Stuff pads sound like a great setup for the street from what I understand. Pricing is decent too.

Jbrown: I paid a little over 8,000 for the paint job. It took them over a month to do it. Took every pannel off. I am pretty happy with it. Turns a lot of heads. People think it is the mystic but when you look at it you can tell its not. It changes colors a lot more from what the paint guy said. the only thing i am not happy with is if i get a scratch i have to re do the whole pannel not just the scratch. I have one now about 2 inches long and they want 975 bucks to re paint it. lol

I am gonna check out the hawk pads.