your worst gas mileage

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by geoffsgt, Nov 24, 2007.

1. '13_ImpactBlue_GT

'13_ImpactBlue_GT Angry Little Elf

Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous
  2. LaserSVT

LaserSVT Founding Member

The worst the Cobra ever got was 16 and that was the first couple days I had it and drove like a moron. My 89 GT could only muster 11.3 on its best day, AOD's suxor :nonono: The92 GT could get 15 on the highway, dont know what the city was as I have to take the highway to get anywhere.

3. Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony Founding Member

I got 17mpg highway this past weekend going from Copperas Cove to San Antonio. I was on state highways the whole way, doing 35-70mph the whole time. I think the 4.10's are killing me. The bad news is that in January, I have to drive cross country from San Antonio to Sacramento, CA :eek:

4. screamin gt

screamin gt Member

13 before tune driving conservatively, 16 after tune and driving a little more like an ass :D

5. SXYXC

SXYXC New Member

well my car is just wierd, driving nice half the tank, then beating on it the other half, i got better mpg beating on her, but only hit 160 for the tank.. all city

6. geoffsgt

geoffsgt Member

Any KB guys wanna chime in with what they get? 8-10 is pretty regular for me now if I don't get any highway miles in. And I actually don't drive as crazy as I did before the supercharger since I get up to speed so much faster, and because it's basically pointless to floor it in 1st gear...

I took a big hit in gas mileage when I got the supercharger, and figured it was normal. But now I see there are only a few here getting as low as I am, and they're not even all supercharged. Meanwhile some s/c'd stangs are getting a lot better...

Anyone know why mine could be so bad? It was tuned at MPH so I doubt it was a bad tune.