Roush 04 Anniversary Speedster tonnoue????

justin

Founding Member
Oct 7, 1998
Westville,IL
I am gonna buy a 03 S/C Speedster here in the next couple of months. I've heard that the lightbar and tonnoue are one piece? Is there a wiring harness that plugs in for the brake light on the lightbar? Anyone have any info on this??

• Sponsors (?)

well i have a 2002 speedster and it sounds like you are asking if the speedster cover and lightbar are one piece if that is what you are asking then no they are two different peices that do not connect to each other. and as far as the wiring harness i am not sure where it is but i should be on the light bar. when the top is up it will not light up. well i hope that will help you.

I think what he was talking about was that the light bar is now part of the cover itself, not a seperate piece. So one piece for both. For example, you take the cover off and the light bar goes with it. I don't know about earlier years but this is true for the 04 speedsters.

ExtremeSaleen said:
I think what he was talking about was that the light bar is now part of the cover itself, not a seperate piece. So one piece for both. For example, you take the cover off and the light bar goes with it. I don't know about earlier years but this is true for the 04 speedsters.

Michael is correctly, for 2004, Saleen changed the setup for the speedster package. They no longer offered the original lightbar that began in 94 that came up to just below the roof line with the tonneau being a seperate piece. The new speedster package was the same unit that was offered on the SA-20where the lightbar is mounted directly to the tonneau and doesn't extend as high into the air. I can't find a picture of one at the moment, but go buy the diecast SA-20 model and you can see the difference.........

That is what I was wanting to know guys. So is there still a brake light on the lightbar? From pictures I've seen it looks like it does. I was just wondering how you get power to it-if there was a harness or something that you plug in.

It's a pain in the ass and you can't see past it since the lightbar sits too low.

pic12.jpg

pic20.jpg

There is your third brake light.

Saleen runs a power line & plug to the back seat area. There is a plug that sticks out near the rear seats similar to a seatbelt plug. There is also a wire harness on the speedter cover that plugs in to the "rear seat plug".

Chuck w/ the SA-20 hates his, and plans on swapping to the old design after the MCA 45th show. (He wants to show the car as it came from Saleen once, then get rid of the poor design)