04 AVIATOR FUEL PUMP ORDERED // ditching the walbro

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
I ordered an 04 aviator fuel pump today to replace the 255 walbro in my car , the walbro has been hanging in there but I just dont trust it , holds 42 psi full throttle when half warmed up now (28psi at idle )and about 45-50 after its good and hot at WOT , but the aviator is supposed to be better and designed for the returnless fuel system so I ordered it from a local dealer for $180 bucks , cheap insurance if you ask me , this is just to hold me over until I get the paxton intercooler and a few other goodies from T&Js in a few months , just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time that I will post my results of this pump and my opinions after the fact , wish me luck guys ....

• Sponsors (?)

I hope it works , hopefully some of the guys out there looking at tuner kits will find this a more attractive option when it comes to blowers and if enough people have good luck with them maybe all the tuners will start working with them and actually push them and see how far they can actually push them ... wonder what it would do with a BAP on it ??? hmmm???

put the pump in today , and took it for a ride , pressure under full throttle went from 42 up to 48-50 range , did about 7 good blast , 2nd , 3rd , 4th gear , pulls pressure is still about 28-30 at idle when cold , goes up when hot , definitely better and not as much jumping with the fuel pressure gauge , drill some holes in the bucket , about 5 of them while I had it out too , nothing huge just some small ones little bigger than a pencil ... very happy with the 180 bucks I paid for it ........

According to Steeda, these (the new ones anyway) are supposed to outflow the 03 Cobra pumps. I have yet to see any data proving or disproving that claim, nor do I have the means of testing them.. Would be a neat magazine article.