05 1/4 mile times

livyx95gt said:
Seems like a lot of kids on this board have decided that since they haven't seen an 05 at their track run under a 22.7 @ 45 mph then none of the 05's can do it... that is unless you give them your SSN, blood sample, video of you giving the blood sample, and a satellite recording of your car running down the strip. Even if you were to post a video of an 05 pulling a 13.5 then these same dip***** kids would be saying, "his car is modded, he didn't show every component of his engine, layed out on the side of his driveway, being assembled..."
I throw up the BS flag when the story is unbelievable. I have had 4 stangs in the past 4 years (all new) and have been racing them since I started. I can tell the difference between a stock timeslip and a modded car timeslip. Since there are so many BS artists out there that want to impress buddies on the internet, then I cannot believe every outlandish story without proof. I've said it before and I'll say it agian... I can post 30 13.0 timeslips from my Mach and say it is in stock trim but I would be lying. When I get my wife's 05 Mustang GT next week (it was shipped to the dealer 11/14), it is going under the knife as soon as it arrives, so I will not be able t0o tell you what it runs stock. I will, however, run it next season and report on how it does with the mods that it has on it at the time. We'll see how it does then.

Rant Over.

• Sponsors (?)

livyx95gt said:
I remember when people could post an ET without everyone throwing BS flags and asking for a timeslip AND/OR video... :rolleyes:

Seems like a lot of kids on this board have decided that since they haven't seen an 05 at their track run under a 22.7 @ 45 mph then none of the 05's can do it... that is unless you give them your SSN, blood sample, video of you giving the blood sample, and a satellite recording of your car running down the strip. Even if you were to post a video of an 05 pulling a 13.5 then these same dip***** kids would be saying, "his car is modded, he didn't show every component of his engine, layed out on the side of his driveway, being assembled..." or "yeah, thats probably not even your car."

Rant over, Nice times man.
:lol: Don't forget the new requirements, polygraph tests and fingerprint/background checks.

I bought a new 2002 GT from downs ford and got an awesome deal. I paid 22,500 for the car back in 4/2002 which I think for that time was pretty cheap. The car was fully loaded premium package and all. They even installed a saleen series II s/c and did a great job. Call Joe because everytime I spoke with him he was always extremely helpful.

mach271 said:
Man whatever you do dont go anywhere near Downs ford!
They are CROOKS!
Gene is the RINGLEADER!

Take it from me ...i know...i Bought 2 cars from them and both times they put theyre **** in my ass!

Hey Guess what Mach271! Gene is my Uncle and no I'm not BSing, so lets not go bashing anyone on this forum. They are not crooks, and anyone I know that has delt with them have been happy. I guess you could then say that all dealerships are crooks, b/c everyone can find a bad story about every dealership. Downs Ford is a good establishment and I nor anyone I know have every had any problems. Thanks.