05 Convertible Electric Issues

Skynard05

Mar 2, 2017
hey, I bought an 05 mustang and the instrument cluster has no power nor will the top come up or down . Is this two separate issues or could the problem fix both, didn't know if they get power from the same source

• Sponsors (?)

i would start checking grounds i had a f150 lose power to all sorts of stuff the grounds were all crimped together in main harness and they broke off the single ground wire feeding them...easy fix...was a bear to find

Reactions: 1 user
The radio, power windows, power locks, ac controls , interior lights, headlights,tail lights all work it seems like whatever sends power to or controls the dash lights and convertible top isn't working and I don't know what that is ... ☹️

i do know on the positive side of convertible top will be on its own circuit and cluster also likely both wouldnt lose two separate positive circuits but a shared ground likely im no expert just my personal experience with car electronics

Welcome to stangnet.

Like Karthief said, post in the '05-'14 tech section. You'll get hold of the people that can help you there.

Good luck brother.

It's good to have you with us.