07 GT Dead in the water. HELP!!!

kkdoughboy

Jul 20, 2007
Pennsylvania
I have an 07 GT 5spd w/ mods MMR CAI, JBA Shortys, X-pipe, MSD ignition, Magnaflow Catback, SCT including a custom tuner. My car wont start and everything is f'ed. I installed a MMR TB and it went into limp home mode with a code of 2104. The car idled very low and wouldnt rev. I took it out and I re-installed the stock TB back and Now the car wont turn over and makes a horrible clicking noise. None of the lights on anything will work or blink and die now. I tried charging the battery but it says its charged. Making noise from the engine compartment. I'm hoping its not a computer problem. Any ideas? BIG CAT HELP?!!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I reinstalled the stock TB properly. I'm sure of that. I havent tried checking the voltage but I'm being told that its probably the battery is dead as a doornail. I find that hard to believe since the cars electrical systems are acting so weird. Can these ECMs fail or fry or something? I'm hoping its just the battery, please!!!:bang:

Yeah, I realize I have a full warranty but I didnt have the stock tune file loaded to the ECM and didnt want to have it towed to Ford in that way. They would say that it voided my warranty. At least thats what I've heard. Thats pretty much why I was a nervous wreck. I though it was somwthing more major and I wouldnt be warrantied anymore. Wheew. Later

Just as well you didn't for a dead battery, but they have to prove a mod caused a problem, it all depends on your dealer. I've delt with the same dealer for allmost 20 years and have bought 12 new vehicles over this time, so thier pretty cool about stuff. We also have a ford svt dealer in our area, I call them alot for performance advice and ford racing parts, they encourge mods as it helps them sell parts. I took my ranger there for service after I did the intake, udp, headers, catback and bama. I figured I would hear a song and dance, but they didn't say a word. I ask them if they noticed my intake and stuff, they sai "sure", we see it all the time, were a ford racing parts distributer and they install them as well. They did my detroit tru-trac install in my ranger and installed my AEM cai on my 06 focus st that I traded for the stang. The unservicable stock airbox was a joke to remove. Anyhow, I'm preety lucky to have an svt dealer in the area as far as modding goes. I'm glad it was only your battery, so you didn't have to find out how cool your dealer is, or isn't.