'08 V-6 - Gt Grill & Fogs Vs. Stocker?

Spend the time and money to restore GT grille and fogs or put the stock V-6 grille back?

• Invest in the GT grille, otherwise it'll look like an ex-Hertz Rental!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's eight years old already, put the nice clean original back and save the money for other repairs!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CtCarl

Apr 27, 2002
Southern Connecticut
Working on a cosmetically neglected '08 V-6 Premium. The PO spent some bucks at AM for flaps, scoops and stripes back in the day and took good care of it, but after he got a new car he gave it to his wife who hated it, so she spent a couple of years basically putting out her cigarettes on the upholstery and pushing shopping carts up onto the Interstate with it.

The AM GT-style grille is badly chalked out and the fogs are faded, yellowed and/or cracked. Originally I was just going to replace the fogs and paint the grille, but everything on this project is taking a lot more time and money than I anticipated, so now I'm thinking of just popping a stock V-6 grille in there (picked up a like-new one off CL for $20) and leaving it at that. Once I catch up with a few other projects, I could always give the GT grille new lights and a "buff and a puff" and swap it back in.

What's the general consensus these days? Does that SN197 look that much better with the GT grille and fogs or is the V-6 grille just fine?

Attachments

• IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1593.JPG
    IMG_1593.JPG
    566.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    398.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Sponsors (?)