1/4 mile time guesstimates?

bloopbloob

Sep 27, 2006
Alberta
Just wondering what you guys think a good time to shoot for would be. It'll be my first time at the track, so maybe a range for a good driver, and a noob run?
Mods are in sig, and i'll be running street tires. New 275/40/17's BFG KDW's.
Just curious what to expect.... I'm hoping i can get low 13's.
track elevation is 3280ft (1000m)

• Sponsors (?)

well, i ran a 13.7@99 on nitto's when i was completely stock aside from my 4.10's and exhaust. just to give you an idea. but like fox said, you have too much stuff done to your car to be running it with street tires at the track. you're gonna spin like crazy to 14's.

Take it from someone with similar mods going low 13s, high 12s on a radial, it wont happen the first time out. I would say if you hit 13s you should be happy. Get out there and find what the car likes and the combo should go deeper 13s!

My 92 with the same mods and a 306 ran 14.0-13.8 with no consistancy on street tires. Put on Nitto dragradials and the car always ran 12.90-12.95's. But when I was a new driver I was lucky to get it in the 14's :(

i would expect mid to low 13s. even though your not on drag radials a 275 KDW should hook good. i got 2.0 60fts out of a walmart roadhugger 245 so just dont dump the clutch like a newb and youll be fine. you have a lot more in your car than me and i run high 13s on street tires and i am not driving it to death.. just close :D