1/4 mile time

qwick94GT

Nov 20, 2004
What do stock Mach 1's usually run in the 1/4. My buddy has a stone stock Mach 1, with a 5 speed He ran 8.3 in the 1/8th and 13.0 @ 107 in the 1/4. I think thats fast as hell. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure about that, where Iam at machs run 13.7s @ 102-103 MAX, and thats with atleast a catback. if he bought it used IT IS NOT STOCK. There is no way a stock 270RWHP mach will pull a 107 trap. I have driven them, they are just as quick as my GT is now. Could have had 50-60MPH winds behind him LOL, that would do it. But seriously, it probably has a tune, and maybe an intake spacer....it would take a good 300RWHP to run a 107 trap. BTW down here LS1s will run in the mid-high 13s at 103-104 stock. My trap is low due to a 20-25MPH direct head wind at the track.Oh well.

hotmustang331 said:
Im not sure about that, where Iam at machs run 13.7s @ 102-103 MAX, and thats with atleast a catback. if he bought it used IT IS NOT STOCK. There is no way a stock 270RWHP mach will pull a 107 trap. I have driven them, they are just as quick as my GT is now. Could have had 50-60MPH winds behind him LOL, that would do it. But seriously, it probably has a tune, and maybe an intake spacer....it would take a good 300RWHP to run a 107 trap. BTW down here LS1s will run in the mid-high 13s at 103-104 stock. My trap is low due to a 20-25MPH direct head wind at the track.Oh well.

I do agree that the trap speed is very high for stock. But in an nold MM&FF mag they ran the Mach 1 vs the new GTO (at the time) and the Mach was running a 13.6 all day, until one of the other editors jumped in the mach and ran a 13.4 best. 13.7+ is a bit high for a Mach, thats becoming a bad driver. The best i've heard of was 13.1 (completely stock), until now....

But that trap speed is REALLY high for stock.... :scratch:

The car is brand new, not used. This was the first time he took it to the track. He did bolt up the slicks when he ran the 13.0 without them he ran 13.3. That is still pretty damn fast. No mods! No Tune!

qwick94GT said:
The car is brand new, not used. This was the first time he took it to the track. He did bolt up the slicks when he ran the 13.0 without them he ran 13.3. That is still pretty damn fast. No mods! No Tune!

Its not stock if he has slicks on it. There is a huge difference between a car with slicks and one without slicks.

qwick94GT said:
What do stock Mach 1's usually run in the 1/4. My buddy has a stone stock Mach 1, with a 5 speed He ran 8.3 in the 1/8th and 13.0 @ 107 in the 1/4. I think thats fast as hell. :nice:

nice times. some people will say they can only run 13.7 or so :rolleyes: hell i ran 13.90 out of a GT with **** 60 foot times so 13.3 out of a bone stock mach is very possible

Sick96Stang said:
Its not stock if he has slicks on it. There is a huge difference between a car with slicks and one without slicks.

:stupid: SLICKS! yeah ok that makes sense with the high trap then.

qwick94GT said:
Yeah thats what I was thinking.

And yes it is stock if it has slicks on it. SLicks don't do anything for the motor.

If it has slicks, it aint stock man... stock means: "as it came off the factory floor..." Slicks are not a factory option :p

Well I am saying the DOWN HERE they run 13.7s...infact every GT owner I have met runs 14.4-14.6 stock. Up at houston the fastest bolton GT was running 13.7s, I ran a 13.5. We had a 20-25MPH headwind though, so maybe that hurt all our times and traps pretty bad.A 98 cobra was running a dialin of 14.4s I think and doing about 98MPH, 01 cobra was dialed in at low 14s at around 101.

Erskine said:
tell him to not lauch it to hard cause at my track every time i go, a cobra or mach 1 with slicks blows the rear end out or break a axle.

Yeah if you are running slicks, I would really think about upgrading to forged 31 spline axels (especially with gears & slicks). Otherwise its just a matter of time...