1/4 mile track progress

Im shooting for 8.5x's at 80mph with stock gears, suspension and stock PI heads/cams. Any ideas?

As a staed earlier, I think a tubular k member and a dynabatt up front should get me .1, gears and Lt Headers, and a built rear end with 15 inch wheels and et streets should get me another .2, at lease I hope.

• Sponsors (?)

I just got in from the track and things didn't go so well for me :rlaugh: Ran with a passenger on the first one against a Firehawk that was bugging me. I planned on spraying against him and had a passenger in the car though wasn't able to even use spray since my O2s weren't heated enough before the run :rlaugh: Ran a 9.25at 76 on that run and lost by a car and a half :( All in good fun though :nice: Not too terrible I guess for the first run with a passenger.

2nd run I allowed the car to warm up and when it came time to activate nitrous (I was on my smallest jet btw) the fuse popped so no spray + lots of fuel = no bueno. Ran a 9.11 on that pass @ 76.60 :sigh:

Fixed my mild wiring problem and went back to get my final pass in. Everything was looking good then I checked my temp gauge and noticed it was beginning to climb. I knew it was an air pocket in the cooling system since I was toying with it during cool down. Like an idiot I squeezed the radiator hose not really thinking about it :rlaugh: After waiting about 15 mins for it to cool down enough for me to finally begin to slowly open it--the track was closed :D

Not a good night for my car :) I did get everything settled after leaving the track and got the nitrous to activate without problems. Just a mild 50 shot that pretty much owned me tonight :)

dang that stinks man yea i ran last night and she was running hard then when it cooled off i started only trapping 83 and was wondering why my dang heater was not kicking on lol so my pressure dropped way off.

but dang winters thats a really good time man congrats.

you dont think it can be done?

04, thanks man. The air was great down here, Im not sure the DA but was yours good as well?

D, wanna go today? Im proboly down if you want to.

8.5 is about a 13.26-13.44 1/4 mile. That's a tough order to fill

edit: oh, gears+LT's+built rear+15 in rims?
That's possible, yet still hard. I think you could do it after some visits to the track with the set-up

you dont think it can be done?

04, thanks man. The air was great down here, Im not sure the DA but was yours good as well?

D, wanna go today? Im proboly down if you want to.

yea when i ran my 7.8 it was good air and awesome track prep. but this last time i went on the 150 shot my clutch was not wanting to work with me at all. now when i drive around normally it slips when i let it out in first and then grabs lol its pretty bad but o well thats what like 400 passes at the track and 66k miles will do to a stock clutch lol.

but your time is insane for running the 2.73s.

Thanks 04GTMustang.

CRred, I know its a tall order, but I think it will happen. The car proboly wont see any more mods until the fall.

Right now, I have to focus on the brakes, motor mounts, clutch, and possibly rear end. Not to mention my PI heads are still at the machine shop, so Im not sure if they will check out either.

Thanks 04GTMustang.

CRred, I know its a tall order, but I think it will happen. The car proboly wont see any more mods until the fall.

Right now, I have to focus on the brakes, motor mounts, clutch, and possibly rear end. Not to mention my PI heads are still at the machine shop, so Im not sure if they will check out either.

Yeah, if I've learned anything - it's that nothing's certain. I think every part i have now i had a different used part bought or lined up first.