#1 piston on the right or left 351W

• Sponsors (?)

I believe #1 is on the passenger side at the front of the engine and #5 is driver side at front.

I'm pretty sure it has the same firing order as the 302 which seems to suggest same cylinder numbering scheme.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong ... anyone?

#1 piston

The firing order is different for a 351W it is 13726548 but I was told the #1 piston is on the left front, but I was looking through a Chilton and they show it right front. So just making sure. Well maybe time to take the timing cover off and start over.

Just for the record:

Left side is the drivers side
Right side is the pass side
#1 cyl is on the front of the Right side
289/302 firing order 15426378
Late model 302's and 351w firing order 13726548

One quick way to find number one cylinder on every motor I've ever seen is by finding the farthest forward cylinder. Now watch someone post some off-beat motor that was only in production for three hours in Malaysia that used the most rearward cylinder as number one...

One quick way to find number one cylinder on every motor I've ever seen is by finding the farthest forward cylinder. Now watch someone post some off-beat motor that was only in production for three hours in Malaysia that used the most rearward cylinder as number one...

I've alway heard that too, but its kinda hard to tell which one it further forward, for me anyway.