1 possible answer to fuel pump problems

86347gt

Jan 29, 2004
ok most if not all of you know that my 86 gt's fuel pump would not run. after raiding many mustangs at the local yards and 2 weeks at ford i was no closer to fixing this car than when i started. whats worse after i jumped the relay to power the pump it still wouldn't fire. turned over fine had great spark plenty of compression just no fuel. well it also turned out that the injectors where not pulsing. i was about to give up when by chance as i was picking the stang up from ford a older gentleman who used to work with ford in the 60's thru 80's heard us talking about how it was acting. he looked over at me and asked if the negative battery cable was original and i said no it had been replaced with a new one when i bought it. he shrugged and said that's your problem. i thought to myself no way but he reached under the battery tray and picked up the negitive grounds to the computer. hooked it up and problem solved. runs great glad to be in the stang family again. so please add this fix to your faq.

• Sponsors (?)

So the car didnt run when you got it? You should always look at what was worked on last when you have a problem. Thats pretty cool though, the older guy made everyone look like a fool. Theres a sticky thread on FAQ at the top. You can add it there.