100 miles to a 1/4 tank of gas.

Dark Knight GT

I can't get it up......ok that didn't sound right.
May 26, 2003
Ozark, Missouri
Well, I just now obtained 100 miles to the first 1/4 tank of gas. I've never had gas mileage this good before. A good portion of this was highway mileage but a large portion was also in town mileage too. I also have floored it a couple of times this tank. I've added a pretty large oil filter magnet to my oil filter and I'm using about 5oz. of Lucas fuel conditioner at each tank. How much that is helping, I'm not sure. Just thought I'de share my results with you guys.

• Sponsors (?)

1990StangLX said:
hmm good point..maybe he should reverse the tornado so he doesn't lose the hp?

lol i was joking...but i have actually seen a mustang try it on the dyno and lost a few hp. it's one of the guys who posts here on stangnet...fastpony3 or something.

Dark Knight GT said:
Well, I just now obtained 100 miles to the first 1/4 tank of gas. I've never had gas mileage this good before. A good portion of this was highway mileage but a large portion was also in town mileage too. I also have floored it a couple of times this tank. I've added a pretty large oil filter magnet to my oil filter and I'm using about 5oz. of Lucas fuel conditioner at each tank. How much that is helping, I'm not sure. Just thought I'de share my results with you guys.

I can quite often get 100 miles out of a tank of gas before the needle hits 3/4 tank, but then it is sitting on empty after the next 100 miles.

DeadLurker said:
lol i was joking...but i have actually seen a mustang try it on the dyno and lost a few hp. it's one of the guys who posts here on stangnet...fastpony3 or something.
i was too :) one of the local news channels did a story on it last week and they actually lost like 2mpg by putting the tornado on. :notnice:

DeadLurker said:
what? lol
i swear, they bought one at a local shop, then they drove their test vehicle to get a baseline of like 18.5 mpg and then they refilled it, and put the tornado in and their avg mpg was like 16.5 or something. I was cracking up when I watched it.

BTW, I've came close to this before. The best I've ever got was 90 miles to the first 1/4 tank. We'll see how the rest goes. Knowing my good luck, the rest will all go on in town gas mileage which means I'll get about 100 miles to the next 3/4 tank.:rolleyes:

Like someone said before. The first 1/4 lasts longer than the rest. I get 100 or pretty close the first 1/4 and then it goes pretty fast after that. Of course this is city driving and a good dose of right foot sometimes. :D On the highway going from east NC to TN, I'll fill up b4 getting on the interstate and end up filling up again in Asheville, NC. Best I ever got between those was 28mpg.
:spot:

1990StangLX said:
i was too :) one of the local news channels did a story on it last week and they actually lost like 2mpg by putting the tornado on. :notnice:
ConsumerReports did an article a few years back, half the cars lost power and mileage, a few gained a little.

Fill up the tank buddy, tell us the mileage then.

Yeah, don't trust the fuel gauge. I think it gets stuck sometimes. For example, I once filled the car up, and it read "empty" for a couple days. Then the car spontaneously generated fuel (the gauge became unstuck) the next day and all was well.