12" box question

FunkMasterFlex

Sep 18, 2003
MD
ok so im def a noob on sound systems but i have taken my first steps in starting my first one. the other day i picked up 2 audiobahn AW1206Q 12" subs and an audiobahn A2150HCQ 1200 watt amp. i got a box also with them but the previous owner has an suv and the box will not fit in my trunk for the life of me. basically i am wondering how most people w/ 2 12's have fit them in their trunks. have you been able to buy boxes that fit fine or have most of you had to get custom ones built? jw cause i got a great deal on the system and could afford a custom box but id rather just buy a fairly inexpensive one.

• Sponsors (?)

Dont skimp on the box, you have some nice subs, and a nice amp, so dont skimp on the box because that is just as important as the subs or the amps (almost). I had a heck of a time fitting one 12 in my 98 vert, but I have seen stangs before with 10, yes 10, 10" inch subs before. Impossible you say, well I would give you the link to his stang, but I dont know it offhand. Either way, you can definitely fit 2 12"s in the pony. If you are good with tools and lumber then you can always make it yourself. I had to build my box inside of my trunk because there wasnt enough room for me to build it outside of the trunk and then put it in. If you are not good with lumber, go to an auido shop near your house, they will hook ya up...it may cost ya $$ but it will be worth it.

ok yeah i think ill check around and see what i can get just kinda wondering if people have been successful in finding pre built boxes that will fit 2 12's in their trunk. also i think i am just coming to realize how nice the system is i was lookin online and i found all the same products that i have but they all ended in T instead of Q like mine and im guessing that just means mine r a little older(could use some clarification on this) but yeah the retail on the subs and amp(T series) is wayyyy more then i thought it would cost and way way more then what i picked em up for.

i am not sure but just because of the different letter in the sub identification means its older, it might just mean it isnt as clean as the other sub, but then again i am also new to this scene, just trying to acquire some good knowledge as i go, so please correct me if im wrong but dont the letters either mean, not as good, and/or older?

when you go to the stereo shops, make sure you talk to the installers, as well as the salesperson. listen how they talk to each other, if they get along really well, the installer will work harder for the salesperson, and the salesperson will work harder to make you happy, which means he will make more money. expect to spend about $150-200 on the box.

zeusmoto said:
i am not sure but just because of the different letter in the sub identification means its older, it might just mean it isnt as clean as the other sub, but then again i am also new to this scene, just trying to acquire some good knowledge as i go, so please correct me if im wrong but dont the letters either mean, not as good, and/or older?
my only reasoning for the subs being older is that i searched all over the audiobahn site and everything ended in T higher and lower models. but it is also a possibility that mine may just be lower quality because they have identical product numbers and look identical to the T series ones just mine have a Q at the end