15 inch wheel and tire size

Begizzle

Jun 19, 2005
I want to run a 15 inch wheel and drag radial in the rear for the track. How wide of a wheel can I run and what offset and backspace do I need. Also how big of a tire can I run? Car is a 2005 gt w/ steeda ultralite springs.

• Sponsors (?)

what about for 15x8 Weld Pro Stars?

what size tire can I put on without hurting the track time?
What is the correct back spacing?
What is the correct bolt pattern?

Same car but not lowered. :D

The only wheels currently in production are made by Bogart. I don't know the exact dimensions, but call them up. They'll know what you need. Weld is working on some right now, but they're not available yet. The first set they came out with didn't fit right. There are some discontinued Weld XP's that fit, but they're hard to come by. Sorry, not sure on the exact size. I believe they're 15x8 6.5" backspacing.

BTW, any 15" wheel will require you to remove or relocate the rear sway bar.

The only wheels currently in production are made by Bogart. I don't know the exact dimensions, but call them up. They'll know what you need. Weld is working on some right now, but they're not available yet. The first set they came out with didn't fit right. There are some discontinued Weld XP's that fit, but they're hard to come by. Sorry, not sure on the exact size. I believe they're 15x8 6.5" backspacing.

BTW, any 15" wheel will require you to remove or relocate the rear sway bar.

what about 16x8" weld prostars?:shrug:

I relocated the rear sway bar and run a 15x8 weld drag lite. The backspacing is the killer. I had to run a 7.5" back space to get the look and fit that I wanted. The problem is that the drag lite does not look like it does mounted on the ol' fox bodies. Due to backspacing required there is not much of a lip left over. It was hard to get used to but worth the effort I think. I test fit what seemed like dozens of set ups till I finally got what Iwas after.