150 shot?

I am running 125 shot of NOS now. I was wondering if you guys think it would be safe if I dropped a better fuel pump in and ran the car on a wideband and tuned it for 150 shot. Would it blow up my motor or not if everything is done correct. Right now its tuned for 125 shot and I have NGK TR6 plugs. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

if you set it up properly sure it can be done...but you arent gonna see a lot of extra power from it because you have to cut so much timing and add so much fuel...a friend of mine did it and only made 6rwhp more than the 125shot because of that reason...

I run a 150 shot. It's perfectly safe with a good tune, I also added a focus pump and #30 injectors. I didnt change my timing from the 100 shot but I added the above items. My A/F is dead on and Picked up 38 Hp and 47 tq from 100 shot.

If you run the 150 shot you will definetly have the edge.

Justin03GT said:
have the edge over what? you've only run a 12.7 and only make 372RHWP...i'm on a 125shot, ran 7.7 in the 1/8th(which is 12.0-11.8 in the 1/4) and make 390rwhp on a mustang dyno...bigger isnt always better...

Most people I talk to will not go over a 125 shot becuase they dont want to blow there motor becuase they read on the internet that a stock motor cant handle it. So 150 shot will give you an "edge" at the track against the average N2o mustang.

Also I make 390 on a Mustang Dyno, if I ran a dynojet I would be about %15 higher which would put around 430 hp. If you look in my sig you will see my trap speed shows that the car should be in the mid 11's I have serious traction issue off the line and 1-2 shift.

SO :Zip2:

i wasnt aiming that at you personally, just making a point that bigger isnt necessarily better...in your case, bigger =less traction and slower times...i myself made 390 on a mustang dyno...but i'm running a compucar kit, which generally result in higher numbers on a 125 than most of the other name-brand kits..

Centennialstang--Is your car a 2000 GT? Is the nitrous kit a dry kit or a wet one. Auto or stick? Who will do the tuning and how?

The short answer is yes, you can run a 150 shot. But you have a returnless fuel system and you will have a lean spike if some changes aren't made, and it is hard on the engine, even when everything is otherwise perfect.

Joe