$16,000 1999 SVT Cobra yay/nay?

I've heard you must pay for the fix after the warranty runs out. It involves a new catback, intake manifold and computer reflash. One of my friend asked and was told it would cost 3k to get it done by a Ford dealership :notnice:

You can call SVT, give them the serial number and they will know if it has been fixed. That's what I'd do

• Sponsors (?)

Avenger said:
I've heard you must pay for the fix after the warranty runs out. It involves a new catback, intake manifold and computer reflash. One of my friend asked and was told it would cost 3k to get it done by a Ford dealership :notnice:

You can call SVT, give them the serial number and they will know if it has been fixed. That's what I'd do
:eek:

MineralG2k2GT said:
I am pretty sure the problem with the 99 Cobra's resulted in a recall? Don't cars that recalled have to get fixed regardless of warranty entittlements?

I thought it was a recall too, its a defect from the factory not something that broke.

Why not get a new 03 Mach for 23K-24K if you can afford it (or a used one for around 20)? Its only 7 grand for factory warrenty and a car that is not 5 years with very close to the same performance specs.

I know its probably just me but the valuation of a 99 Cobra right now probably isn't justified with the new model coming out in the Fall and all the new car rebates they have out on nearly the same car (Mach 1).

I agree. You can negotiate a pretty good deal on any '03 and then use the $4K rebate that Ford is currently offering. They are also offering 0% financing in lue of the rebate. The rebate is a better deal, but the 0% is nice if you need the lower payment.

I just did this exact thing, I was looking at an '01 Cobra, and ended up buying a new '03 Saleen for invoice less the $4K rebate.

Mike

A 99 Cobra for $16,000 w/ 38,xxx miles on it. Man thats a steal fix or no fix its a steal. And its black! The car is probably worth more than that if he'll take an offer of lower just consider you got a REAL good deal on a hot 99 cobra and so what your going to change the xhasut anyways right? I mean who the hell keeps a stock exhaust on a 99 cobra? And the other thing was with the intake. How much could it be to find a different intake ? Stop wasting time b4 someone sees this deal and takes the snake out from under you!!!!!!!!!!

Roush21 said:
A 99 Cobra for $16,000 w/ 38,xxx miles on it. Man thats a steal fix or no fix its a steal. And its black! The car is probably worth more than that if he'll take an offer of lower just consider you got a REAL good deal on a hot 99 cobra and so what your going to change the xhasut anyways right? I mean who the hell keeps a stock exhaust on a 99 cobra? And the other thing was with the intake. How much could it be to find a different intake ? Stop wasting time b4 someone sees this deal and takes the snake out from under you!!!!!!!!!!

He's right if it wasn't fixed and the SVT Dealer won't do it for free you can get a 2001 upper & Lower Intake from KARKRAFT.COM for dirt cheap.