1973 Mustang Master Cylinder Swap??

Hey guys. Im usually in the sn95 forums but I have a question for you guys.. My dad and I have a 73 Fastback and The master Cylinder went, is it worth the time to swap in a SVO or newesh foxbody master cylinder in there to gain any braking power? This car has front disc brakes alll power. I think the original has 2 resivors soo I dont know if it would be any differnt.. Give me some input please :)

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you would see any difference besides possibly different pedal feel.

I swapped my '72's brake booster out for another stocker when I totally redid the braking system and I tell ya what it feels like that car stops better than my '95 that has 03 Cobra brakes/calipers.

If you're car isn't stopping well, it could be time to freshen everything up - brakes are sorta important. :-D

Wes

haha thanks for the responce.. I never I guess felt the brakes the way they should be.. ok.. ordering new rotors, pads. drums. wheel cylinders and m/c,, that should be fine right?

That sounds pretty good - be sure to give everything a good bleeding as well. (Edit - you said you are changing wheel cylinders - you are going to be bleeding the system, my bad.)

Might also want to check/service wheel bearings while you're in there?

Could be a good time to add a supercharger as well? haha. :D

On the front discs there are some rubber caliper isolator bushings - I had to replace them as well, they were about gone.

I found mine at NAPA and have seen them in the Mustang Restoration catalogs as well.

Found a picture of what I'm talking about on http://www2.mustangsplus.com/catalog/brake_07.pdf

Go to page #8 and look at caliper hardware kit - the third row of parts in the picture is the black bushing I'm talking about.

Good luck,
Wes