Status
Not open for further replies.
it's attached to the back of the balancer. I had the center machined out of the wheel, and Then I drilled and screwed the thing to the back.
1522290306270.png

1522290337488.png

Then I took the whole thing back to the machine shop, and had them put it on a lathe to check run out. It had it...It was .030 out of round. He turned it down to where the whole thing was concentric.

• Sponsors (?)

You nailed it first by copying an IR set up that works. BMW's.

But the system you use is also the same as the working part of any Acoustic, variable runner volume system.

So lets do the Monster learning.

Sing with me,

CarMichael Angelo software version 2.0
Looking at life through the eyes of a worried noob

Death Metal Cookie Monster lyrics style, Deft Tones verses MegaDeath Bad Bart on the search for Goofy Gobbers, yeah! style.

Ahem....

G is for Gila
Dats Good Enough for me
G is for Gila
Dats Good Enough for me
G is for Gila
Dats Good Enough for me
Oh Gila, Gila Gila starts with Geee

(But me know dat Gee, Gee, Gee Sounds like Hee....)

My wifes 180 hp two liter 3SGE engine intake, a 98% Mister Two Two liter engine.

Its trailer trash here, but its stamped with G Type.

G is for Gila

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/IMG_8132.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/IMG_8132.jpg

acis_001-jpg.jpg

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/acis_001-jpg.596520

Like most every EFi engine, IR set-ups always use use "Spray and Walk Away" fixed lookup values just like 1980's era Speed Density Throttle Body GM SBC EFi 305/350 CrossFire or FoMoCo Windsor CFi 5.0 does everytime it fires up from cold.

Open loop, fixed lookup values, independent of MAP until its sensors are conditionally commanded to look at the O2 sensor. Hickory, dickory Dock, slow clock speed, retarded Tech computers which were able to make 129 to 205 hp, and up to 350 hp with bigger injectors.

Since you are running it in, you can just use the same Port EFi 5.0 V8 Alpha N pulsewidths, converted back to your V8 minus 2 cylinders engine.

That's how the existing script works when the MAP sensor signal is taken away. With your 1988-2002 5.0 GT and 5.6 Stroker style EECIV/EECV cam without over scavenging, it already makes 19" of H20 at idle, so this is a heck of a lot safer than back tracking to the old intake manifold.

Don't have faith in Steve. That's kind of a "cloud nebulae, pie in the sky by and by" thing in this instance.

Steve has the knowledge established by inputs from all the Megasquirt 2 input work groups, it works, its not a faith issue, its a "it works issue, why not use it?".

Alpha N it, and start it up on fixed pulse widths. Idle it for the prescribed 20 minutes between 2000 and 2500 rpm, and be happy.

If the TPS verse firewall and wiring loom and
throttle blade idle setting issues worry you,

then you just need to use a pivoted remote rod to the TPS, perhaps rocker cover mounted.

The idle can be later reset using the propane six corneridle method using a petcock operated injection of butane or propane through six brass core plugs allowing access to your (our?) beloved glass "stasis" case. Adding the same amount of propane should spike the rpm range the same amount each; every blade once adjusted should rasie the idle the same amount.Just like the FoMoCo 4V GT 4180C factory four corner idle setting method.

Maybe you should fly him to B'ham to help you finish it up?
If I put the old intake back on it, I don’t need nobody.:burnout:

I ordered 200.00 worth of hose ends so I can hopefully plumb, and finish the re-route on the cooling system plumbing. I’ll focus on that the next chance I get, and if I can get it behind me, then maybe the ITB’s won’t seem like such a “ strange new world” where I’ll boldly have to go.

If I put the old intake back on it, I don’t need nobody.:burnout:

I ordered 200.00 worth of hose ends so I can hopefully plumb, and finish the re-route on the cooling system plumbing. I’ll focus on that the next chance I get, and if I can get it behind me, then maybe the ITB’s won’t seem like such a “ strange new world” where I’ll boldly have to go.

Syncing the throttle body butterflies:
Plan A: If I remember correctly, you have a vacuum line that connects to each TB after the throttle butterfly. Connect a vacuum gauge to each TB one at a time and adjust them so that you have the same vacuum on each TB.

Plan B: is that you use a piece of hose and listen to the airflow at the "doughnut" you made and adjust them so that they all sound the same.

Reactions: 1 user
There you go. One thing at a time. I can feel your hate through the internet of me calling your first intake belly button. But if you cave in and use it, Im gonna send you a collection of belly button rings from the Claire's store in our mall.

• Haha
There you go. One thing at a time. I can feel your hate through the internet of me calling your first intake belly button. But if you cave in and use it, Im gonna send you a collection of belly button rings from the Claire's store in our mall.

Better hurry they are filing Chapter 11 and like Mike, are reorganizing their plan.

• Haha
Um,
Twenty-nine different attributes
Only seven that you like, oh

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 1.

Link rod the TPS,

TPS_System30F3.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/TPS_System30F3.jpg

This requires lookin for a spell and Using mental image and imagination to see how it might clear the way to "get the fit away from the Shan"

(f and Sh, interchange, a Sponnerisim aka Ak Miiler Danish Gnelish douncha noe)

Or "Get the TPS away from the accelerator cable and wire loom bulkhead grommet".

In our local oceanic idiom, Every surfie nows, grommets do get in the way, and its better to leave them alone and ride or paddle outa the way to avoid pummelling there newbie hiney's to smitherines. Time to ram the board later if they get good....

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 2.

Use the converted closed loop fixed pulse widths from the file Steve can provide. Its standard Delco P4 CalPac methodolgy, independant of a good MAP signal.

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 3. Taking stock of the Stratergy you have already.

Think this over

If an engine , now non turboed, was breathing through a big ( about 8 sq inches ) 80 mm or so single throttle body, how much less vaccum if breathing through six throttles of , what, 13 sq inches total.

How much vaccum reduction on the 19" H20 you had would there be?

Not many, if any, not many, if any

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 4a and b. Taking stock of the Stratergy you have already.

Stratergy4a. How many dudes you know got the skills to go and rock a show like this?
Uh-uh, uh-uh, I don't know anybody

Except maybee Steve and you. Oh, and a few dumb ass Kiwis who lump 4AGE intakes onto V12 Toyota sixes, just for kicks.

That's Not many, if any.....

Its not like that old Green Toyota Mark 2 with a 5 liter V12 is anything like a power house compared to even your 253 cubic inch in line six. Overhead cam Fuelie or IR Weber V12's don't do anything except pull revs and then meter out less horsepower per cube than the same sized overhead valve Detriot Chev, Mopar, Boss 302 or TransAm V8. All Pizzaz, no Fizzaz. Enzo Ferrari always got his 6 and 7 liter Can Am butt handed to him when a simialrly sized V12 was raced against a Big Block Chevy V8.

Stratergy 4b. Why did a 1980 puny 3.5 liter twin cam, 24 valve 277 hp BMW M1 out accelerate and out speed any 1971-1993 De Tomaso Pantera with a 351 or later 302 EFI V8? 13.7 and 163 mph verses 14.1-14.5 secs, and sometimes 138 or maybee 155 mph.

'Cause Germans know, V8's are tow cars, and sixes are race cars..... 1975 European Touring Car Challenge Slide Throttle 24 valve twin cam CSL 3.0 anyone?

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 5.

The long steel accelerator shaft might hit the radiator when withdrawn or inserted into the six throttle bodies. How about dropping the radiator and long drilling a hole through the radiator support to allow it all to slot in. Magicians slide razors through ladies on stage all the time. You should Use your Illusion, too.

As tin top Ozzy car racer Kev Barlett said in his StreetMachine garage advice to the Six cylinder Ford 250 guys.....just think through doing the mods you gotta do to get through. Is undoing the engine mounts at the block enough to angle the whole engine or at least the drivers side up enough to get the shaft "shafted?"

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 6. By knowing "you gotta Bus loada Steve to get by, yeah".
You can't always depend on the worst always happening....

Remember the idle improvement when the injector tables were changed by Steve to cover off the idle quality?. Through the drone of even The Gawd Dammned neighbour with the 200 mph leaf blower, I could hear the improvement. The DIY Tuner Studio might need some hardwire help, but Alpha N or SD,

We have the technology
We can rebuild hila......um, Golem. Hila Him. Ooop. gila....

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy 7.

Others use speed Density, others use air boxes.

Screen dumps from Chevy Off Road and Marines 265 Hemi in line six Megasquirt. Speed Density.

COME_265_HEMI_MEGASQUIRT_43secs.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/COME_265_HEMI_MEGASQUIRT_43secs.jpg
COME_265_HEMI_MEGASQUIRT_45secs.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/COME_265_HEMI_MEGASQUIRT_45secs.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=106&v=9sWPzbfaIJQ

And Aussie Antipodean Mirabito....Air Box was worth many Rear Wheel KillerWatts.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfHCbM9_S4s

Last edited:
droopie85gt

He will have to avoid the November Rain. (Or is that not a hidden GNR reference there?)

Yep, you got it Drew!

Double header ice creme cones to you and the kids....:nice:

Pete, the Crotchedy Cairn oversaw the then Mad Mikes shower of snow induced methonal and agua. November Rain , UYI 001

Pages 331-340 ish, November 2017

Got him a crapload of extra Boost Fever.

Oh, I forgot.

CMA......

With 10.25:1 compression cometh......

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy Nine .

Snow Meth with six points of discharge.

Everytime you get stuck with pump grade 87 , 89 or even 93, you end up having to pull out peak advance from a 10 or 11:1 engine.On US market engines like a 205 horse SOHC early Explorer, Ranger or S197 Mustang 4.0 V6, its all electronic and has knock detection and with EDIS6, even with 9.7:1 and alloy heads, it'll run on 87 without issue. Ford ove fuel and conserve timing to punch in a huge factor of safety if knock is detected. Add an aftermarket cam, and another EPROM, and it'll need 93 octane. Normally adding cam duration reduces knock sensitivity, but Fords engineers keep a huge factor of safety for emissions and warranty reasons. Look at Fords camshafts for the 5.0, and the variously E303 equiped ASC McLaren 5.0 and the last SN Saleen R351's with Windsor OHV 5.8's never got crazy with peak durations. Your cam Mike is about the same as the E303 and Trick Flow Specialites/ Crane style cam those ran.

As you go up on duration and valve lift and static compression, Cold cranking compression then governs where the octane level has to be.

For an aluminum head engine with 10 to 11:1 flattened angle canted valves, and no turbo they don't like more than 32 degrees advance with 185 psi cold cranking compression.

On my two steads ( 188 horse Nissan RB25 and the 180 horse ToJo 3SGE), they were born for Jap spec 100 Octane. We only have US grading 87. 89 or 93 here in Moo Zealand. Listed as 91, 95 or 98.

When given your 87 grade, they either pull timing and knock like a beggar (Nissan) or pull no timing out and knock like a beggar being persued by jack the ripper.

The result is always the same.
Reduced miles per gallon,
soggy throttle responce,
and what is audiable knock.

You think there is an exhaust leak,

or a conrod problem because the whole engine feels rough,

like a one or two of the coil packs has gone on holiday.

That's knock that is beyound incipient knock.

Crash Migration and Avoidance Stratergy Eight REVISED . Modified B12 injection.....

Take your ITB TBi's and mount 'em all on one piece on flat plate. Then align the suckers with the new shaft, and figure out a Mike way to quick release the suckers en masse.

I used what we call down here S12 R clips . These suckers are for half inch studs, or Atlas CopCo compressor hose retaing pins to stop line detachment.

They are Your B12 "R" Clip 5/32"-

0019673_r-clip-532.jpg

5/32 diameter wire, 1" wide by 3" long,

I modify mine,

b12_modified.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc501/xecute6/xecute6002/b12_modified.jpg

with the leading edge cut down 60 thou on a chamfer so the metal plate preloads and crushes any gasket you have 60 thou.

As the R clip is bull pien hammered into the half inch stud hole. Use twelve of them, two per itake stub.

Last edited:
I have a plan for that...When I first built the other manifold, I had to create a jig so that all of the injector bungs would line up so they could be welded. I used wooden dowels drilled, and glued into a piece of 1x3. If I do the same, and have the throttle shaft holding them in a line, and the dowel jig holding them all at the proper spacing, it'll give me enough rigidity to get them transferred onto the manifold base as a unit. (I already did it with the fuel rail, but the injectors still allow too move movement because of the O-rings on each end.) So,....That problem licked.
Now,.....the cooling system lines.

The fittings shipped to my old house address in Hoover. So, I gotta go down there and get them. But that's gonna have to wait. today, I have to clear the back yard of the Mugumbu forest that is growing into it. Our back yard backs up to woods. Woods in Alabama reclaim themselves if you do nothing to stop it. We have Privet hedges and Kudzu that will grow every where and it has to be cut back. That is what I'll be doing on this Easter.

Hows your thicket?
We cut, and moved hundreds of pounds of trees, brush, and junk to the curb. It still looks like hell back there. The worst part were the vines. Down here we have these freakin Tarzan vines that grow up the trees and literally choke the life out of them. Trying to get the vines cut and pulled off of the trees proved impossible. They are as strong as rope. I cut down three trees that had died for whatever reason, and they were so encased in the vines,....and the vines were so intertwined between the adjacent trees, that they wouldn't fall after they were cut at their base.
I had to leave them to fall when the vines die and finally release their death grip. I cut the vines at their base as well, so they are no longer rooted. They will die.
Then the trees will fall.
It's all I can do. It's all I wanna do. Freakin Tarzan vines.......

Status
Not open for further replies.