1988 Us Edition Mustang - Considering Buying

bluebellbus

Mar 7, 2014
  • Sponsors (?)

A dealer installed option package may be rare but added value? Naw.

That is nothing but a low mile GT (with ugly stripes and red interior)and tell the seller 4.11 gears dont go in Ford 8.8 ( 4.10 do)

Uh yeah, not worth half that. Reasonably clean fox body 5.0's easily fetch $6K up here in Canada. But this one is not "reasonably" clean. I checked over this thing so thoroughly it's untrue. Including VIN and carproof/carfax. The mileage is legit and hasn't turned over.

It has to be one of the cleanest unmolested foxes I've ever seen. EVER. The undercarriage looks brand new. Strut towers have no rust whatsoever.

The paint has only one minor flaw on the hatch because the previous previous owner went to "hot" with a power polisher. Dumb-ass.

The owner had the magazine article in hand about the dealer build and it was legit. Not that that really should have any bearing on the price. But the condition sure does. The odometer very obviously from the condition has not turned over. Seriously, I've never seen a cleaner fox. That guy needs to learn to take better pictures because they do no justice to the condition of it.

I also has all the right mods to boot, like sub-frame connectors... super happy about that. It also has a nice sounding exhaust which isn't too overbearing. Other than that it's pretty well stock. The gearing was actually 3.73 which was a part of the dealer build.

I made a fair offer and he accepted. I'm super happy with this purchase. Taking a trailer out tomorrow to pick it up!