Electrical 1990 Mustang GT Convertible Driver Side Window Not Working

J_5.0_VERT

Jun 25, 2019
Washington
Unfortunately, I got in my car to go to work this morning and there was fog and dew all over my window, so I rolled it up and down a few times to clear it, slightly pushing it outwards away from the car against the small rubber lining across the bottom of it to clear it. It ended up rolling back up perfectly fine til i got to work. So 4 hours later on my lunch break, i get into my car and my window will not roll down at all, no clicking or anything from the motor completely silent. All the other windows (passenger and the 2 quarter windows) roll up and down perfectly ok. I looked through quite a few forums on google for this and it's just weird that the window completely stopped out of nowhere, could i have pushed a little too hard on the window itself (again to rub against the small black rubber lining on the outside of the car to remove the dew and fog) and moved the track or motor out of place so the connection will not go through?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

When the motor died in my 91 vert it did so with no advanced warning. The window went up and the next time I drove the car it would not go down.

Check for power to the window switch and at the harness plug at the motor. If these check out the most likely cause a motor failure. It is a relatively inexpensive part and easily replaced.