Engine 1993 died then cranked no start,then started?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
On the way home two weeks ago my stang died at a light.it cranked ,I heard the pump prime but no start.opened hood check wires on maf,coil,tps,and dist.car started . no problems till today,drove to store,came out and cranked but no start,checked wires under hood then it started,.
How do I diagnose this?

• Sponsors (?)

Run it in the driveway or around the block to get it up to operating temperature then shut it down and see if it starts, of it doesn't then pick up where you left off on the list.
I should ask: is the engine cranking over fast when hot or does it seem to crank slower?

It cranks fast,but during testing battery dies quickly,autozone charged it and said it was OK.but it died after cranking and trying to test.I'm going to get new battery today as this one is 3 years old .Driving around the block if it starts could end up with me pushing it back as that's when it dies , when coming to a stop.at this point I willing to do whatever to get her back running.

Got new battery,started right up,warmed it up shut it off and it started right back up? I used jumper wire to self test it and got 9_4_4_9? While running.

It keeps on starting,even warmed up. I don' t trust it to go to work. I' m stump
It keeps on starting,even warmed up. I don' t trust it to go to work. I' m stumped?
not going to work ,gonna try driving in my community for a couple of miles and see what's up.when it died Mon. I was about 3 miles from my house,so I'll give that a try.

Drove total of 16 miles yesterday and started like 15 times with no issues,today I'm gonna drive it to the pic a part, cause I've found the coil connector's clip is broke and wires look janky,maybe hitting bumps caused it to loosen? Also I need to replace struts and shocks,they are old as hell.

Reactions: 1 users
Update. Drove to work Friday w/no issues, drove home fine .I'm still looking for something definitive so wish me luck. Hope everyone has a great veterans day.GBA.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, while replacing coil connector I got at pic a part the pos. wire was loose as a goose so I think that might have caused her to die? Just for :poo:s an giggles I put a coil in I know is good, also a new dist.( under lifetime warantee from o o oreilleys ) and new cap n rotor. I have driven to and from work ( 15 miles) each way for three days now,and I got some confidence in her again.She has been my daily since 2007 , sometimes its love/ hate but more love usually. l have to thank all y'all .

Reactions: 1 user