1998 Cobra fog light help needed!

Notched

Apr 1, 2004
hey guys. well when i bought the car, 1998 mustang cobra, the guy said he replaced 1 fog light... well i didn't bother checking.. since i would hope he did

anyway... the other day i went to turn them on at night, to see how badass it looked and they didn't come on.. neither did the light on the switch--- i tried looking for fuses under the hood and under the steering column.. i could only find a relay for the fogs(and in the manual)

now if 1 fog light is out, will that kill all power in the circuit? or are the fog lights run in parallel

also, why wouldn't there be any power to the switch(unless the fuse blew-- WHICH there ARE NONE)

any schematics, diagrams, or exact points to check would help me a lot. been checking it for the past day and am clueless

thanks ~will

• Sponsors (?)

Notched said:
hey guys. well when i bought the car, 1998 mustang cobra, the guy said he replaced 1 fog light... well i didn't bother checking.. since i would hope he did

anyway... the other day i went to turn them on at night, to see how badass it looked and they didn't come on.. neither did the light on the switch--- i tried looking for fuses under the hood and under the steering column.. i could only find a relay for the fogs(and in the manual)

now if 1 fog light is out, will that kill all power in the circuit? or are the fog lights run in parallel

also, why wouldn't there be any power to the switch(unless the fuse blew-- WHICH there ARE NONE)

any schematics, diagrams, or exact points to check would help me a lot. been checking it for the past day and am clueless

thanks ~will
If one is out, the other will still come on. Did you try checking to see if the bulbs are blown? Also, did you try the fog light switch with your lights on high and low? If the light on the switch is not coming on there is a good chance that the switch is out. I think the switch is about 25 bucks from Ford. Either way, it's an easy fix.

Good Luck

ok thanks. well i checked the fog lights, and BOTH lights were broke... i must applaud the guy who sold it to me, for telling me he fixxed the fog lights. bastard... works fine now. thanks!