2.3 fuel injectors

set7565

Mar 9, 2004
My mileage/power problem is my injetors I had one bad one and decided to replace them all.Would 5.0 injectors fit my '90 na 2.3? I want accel/ford racing for $250 for a set of 8. Kragen and Autozone want about $45 for each oe replacement injector.(what a rip!)

• Sponsors (?)

The injectors from the 5.0 must be a higher lb/hr. From what I have heard, putting bigger injectors in is just going to decrease fuel economy and lower power because you will be running too rich. I would just go with stock 19 lb. injectors. If you do find any that will increase performance in these 2.3's then I would like to know however.

JamesBaumann said:
The injectors from the 5.0 must be a higher lb/hr. From what I have heard, putting bigger injectors in is just going to decrease fuel economy and lower power because you will be running too rich. I would just go with stock 19 lb. injectors. If you do find any that will increase performance in these 2.3's then I would like to know however.
What brand would you go with? Niehoff, or would accel be worth the extra money(I plan on keeping it for a long time) Thanks for your help.

set7565 said:
What brand would you go with? Niehoff, or would accel be worth the extra money(I plan on keeping it for a long time) Thanks for your help.

Im sure that Stinger or Ka0tyk or somebody else on this forum would be able to answer that question with something supporting their answer. Generally, if I can pay a little more money for a slightly better part, I do. However, I don't personally think better injectors are going to result in increased performance and power, but I hope somebody can prove me wrong so I have another perfromance mod to make.

Well if your milage and power is suffering now, flooding the engine with 19 lb'ers is not gonna make it better.
Power and fuel economy is on the lean side anyway.

Accel make a 4 pack in 15 and 17 lb if you must increase, but I would guess any mods you have could be quenched with an adjustable fuel regulator.

accel injectors

G-90 said:
Well if your milage and power is suffering now, flooding the engine with 19 lb'ers is not gonna make it better.
Power and fuel economy is on the lean side anyway.

Accel make a 4 pack in 15 and 17 lb if you must increase, but I would guess any mods you have could be quenched with an adjustable fuel regulator.
Are accel universal, do any injectors work on that engine, and where is the best(cheapest) place to get them? Thanks I'm not used to fuel injection.