2.3T Swap Before and After (Theoretical)

Looks like a MII gas tank. So its probably a MII engine and trans and rear too. I guess it could be Pinto parts too...you would need to find part numbers to positively ID.

It would be interesting to see what other parts came from the donor also...seats, pedals, rear springs?

You could also hot rod the 2.3L with hipo NA parts. It would probably cost more, and you wouldn't end up with as much HP as the Turbo 2.3L. Just depends on the type of ride you want. Let me know and I'll dig up a link to an old "Hot Rod" magazine article on building a hipo NA 2.3L.

Otherwise I'd go with your original 2.3T plan. Should be a lot of fun with this light body.

Throw on a front sway bar for an immediate handling improvement. The base 2.3L MII front sway bar should be about right with this light-weight car.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the pedals are stripped off with some funky extensions on 'em (they need to go...), the seats are part of the kit. Dunno about rear springs, though.

I'd like to go the turbo route, so I'll pass on the article, but any of your favorite 2.3-related shopping places would be much appreciated.

Thanks as always for all the input and advice. This sort of thing's been as much fun as tooling around with the car and planning future changes for it :nice: