2 new 05 GT owners

96vert

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Well, as of today at around noon, my father and I have joined the ranks of new 2005 Mustang GT owners. My dad had a white GT premium pkg w/ manual on order, with an ETA of around February to March. But, last night as we were all sitting around the table playing games, a call came in from his salesman that the dealership had 2 new GT's, a redfire manual and a Mineral Grey automatic, both with premium package. Both had been turned down by people who ordered them :shrug:

After a quick test drive in both, I decided I wanted the auto for my everyday car (I also have a supercharged 96 cobra for when I feel like shifting through the traffic - see below), and my dad wanted the manual for himself. It should be noted that I was very close to getting an Infiniti G35 coupe, but this last minute test drive SAVED me. :nice:

So, we sat down, ran the numbers, and drove 'em home :D . A good time was had by all (especially the salesman! :banana: ). I'll post some pictures as I have them.

• Sponsors (?)

96vert said:
Well, as of today at around noon, my father and I have joined the ranks of new 2005 Mustang GT owners. My dad had a white GT premium pkg w/ manual on order, with an ETA of around February to March. But, last night as we were all sitting around the table playing games, a call came in from his salesman that the dealership had 2 new GT's, a redfire manual and a Mineral Grey automatic, both with premium package. Both had been turned down by people who ordered them :shrug:

After a quick test drive in both, I decided I wanted the auto for my everyday car (I also have a supercharged 96 cobra for when I feel like shifting through the traffic - see below), and my dad wanted the manual for himself. It should be noted that I was very close to getting an Infiniti G35 coupe, but this last minute test drive SAVED me. :nice:

So, we sat down, ran the numbers, and drove 'em home :D . A good time was had by all (especially the salesman! :banana: ). I'll post some pictures as I have them.

Sweet so now can you two finnaly end the question that has been killing us all. Go dyno those two beasts on the same day same dyno and lets see which has more balls :banana: :banana:

Hey I'm new to the board. I just bought my silver GT Premium today. Mine is automatic too. But hey, I live in Chicago, so shifting might be somewhat of a pain with my travelling around the city.

One thing is for sure, this puppy is fast, and it's getting all kinds of looks by envious drivers.

I've been looking at cars for 2 months before I bought my 2005 GT this week. I also test drove the Infiniti G35, along with the Nissan 350Z Roadster and Acura RSX Type-S. All great cars but the Mustang had them all beat when you compare price/performance. And the Mustang's muscular styling put it over the top. ;)

comparisons

I was actually looking for about 3 weeks. Was comparing the G35 coupe, BMW 330i, Mercedes C230 and 320, Cadillac CTS, Chrysler Crossfire and even 300C. The 05 Mustang has them all beat when you consider price, straight line performance, curve performance, interior and looks. I voted with my wallet!

Congrats on the new car! My black premium auto should be in any day now. I had a coverter made for it allready. I figure that and 4.10's should put it on par with the manual tranny cars. I have tune a couple on the dyno and was suprised with the results. The 3v is an excellent power plant.

Rick

Pic

Here's a pic of the two cars side-by-side. Quite the duo IMO.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 316
96vert said:
Here's a pic of the two cars side-by-side. Quite the duo IMO.

Congrats! Your Dad's car looks like Torch Red instead of Redfire though. Enjoy!

I think my Dad wants an '05 GT convertible. It would be his first Mustang. Never too late! :D

I have a mineral grey GT delux, manual trans, spoiler delete, IUP, int accent, int upgrade package, anti-theft on order "had a build date of 12/6 now on temp delay" (for A-plan price).
If you have more pic's of your car would love to see them might help ease the pain of the wait...