2 quick questions

slow2.3

Apr 15, 2004
if i was to swap a turbo onto my engine could I use a pj computer from an 85 svo instead of la3?

also what size injectors does the n/a 2.3 have

Thanks
Derek

• Sponsors (?)

slow2.3 said:
if i was to swap a turbo onto my engine could I use a pj computer from an 85 svo instead of la3?

also what size injectors does the n/a 2.3 have

Thanks
Derek

If you are planning on using a N/A 2.3L motor with a turbo exspecaily if its a DIS motor, you need to talk to a guy named Jaime off TF. I have seen a few of his cars he has done this way and road around in one also. Now you will most likely need to pull your motor out of your car because you will have to drill and tap a oil return hole in the block for the turbo. This is probly better left up to a machine shop. Next step if it was me I would have a set of hardned exhaust seats installed in the head since I'm sure it wouldn't have them. The older 2.3Ts that didn't have these seats are 99.99% cracked. Now if your car has the 8 plug head Jaime is really the one to talk to because the only way I could figure out a turbo on it envolves useing 500.00 of aftermarket electronics to make it work, and he is able to do it would that stuff. He shaves the pointer on the block I think to adjust the timming but don't qoute me on that. Now you see why just swaping in a turbo motor is easyier and cheaper :shrug:

EEC question: you could run the PJ EEC but keep in mind its for the 30lb injectors. Now I run this same set up on my SVO and have lots of fun still. Now that I want to go faster I'm swaping in a LA3 and the bigger 35lb injectors ;)

N/A Injectors: Not knowing your car I would guess you have the same size as my 2.3L DP DIS which is 14lbs.

Fuel pump/ TB: There are some people who switch to the newer 2.3L TBs on there 2.3T I guess because the TPS is easier to get or mess with but it can work easy. As for the fuel pump it would be a good idea to install a 190 or 255lp pump along with a adjustable FPR. This requires a fuel pressure gauage to adjust it where you want it.

I hope all that crap helps and good luck.

This what i plan on doing

tap oil pan to lube turbo
forged pistons
fix head to lower compression, kidney shape
vam
computer
30-35 injectors
valve cover
exhaust valves
turbo with intercooler
exhaust manifold e6, e3

Hoping I will be able to get away with this

slow2.3 said:
This what i plan on doing

tap oil pan to lube turbo
forged pistons
fix head to lower compression, kidney shape
vam
computer
30-35 injectors
valve cover
exhaust valves
turbo with intercooler
exhaust manifold e6, e3

Hoping I will be able to get away with this

Well good luck on it but I will KICK your A$$ if you use a E3 mainifold ;) The E3s are either cracked or about to crack. The E6 has a much beefer design and when used with the "Y" bracket should last a long time. Also the exhaust out let where the turbo bolts to the mainifold is much larger than a E3. Check out my site, I just post a pic of a E3 and E6 so people could see the difference in the opennings. Also do some grinding on the E6 before you bolt it on I read somewhere its worth 11hp to swap in a ported E6 :nice:

Now if you use a stock 2.3T IC then you will probly need a cowl hood etc to help with air flow. If you use a FMIC you may need to use a smaller ranger type radiator. Now I think you could make longer brackets for your radiator and move it towards the motor for room to route the IC piping.

Use forged turbo pistons that will lower the compression. I'm not sure on the Kidney shape head deal but usualy high compressing heads means small combustion chambers that can't be change for low compression.

Just food for thought :nice: