20" Rims

jrs307

Apr 28, 2005
Alamogordo, NM
I am thinking of going with Foose Nitros 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10 rear, with 245/35/zr20 up front and 275/35/zr20 in the back. Are 20" rims going to mess the alingment up? Is it going to affect my speedometer? Any other problems that may arise from them?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I have the foose nittro's 8.5x20 in the front and 10x20 in the rear. I am running 255/35/20 BFG KDW2's on the front and 285/30/20' s on the rear ( recommended by BFG). Speedo is a slight bit off, nothing to worry about. My car is lowered and I have no rubbing issues even with the steering turned all the way. I ordered those wheels three months ago and only got them last week so good luck, I hope you get them faster than I did.

StangOwner2B said:
Are 20's going to hurt the handling? I figure with the higher unsprung weight, it's going to adversely affect the suspension.

Along those lines, what size wheel do you all figure works best for increasing the 'Stang's handling prowess?
Absolutely, those wheels are for show. If you want your car to handle like it was meant too, stay with the 17" or 18" max.

It is true that you will not get the best handling from 20" wheels. But same can be said for the 17" due to the tires sidewall height. An 18" to a 19" would be the best choice for handling.

aspengt said:
It is true that you will not get the best handling from 20" wheels. But same can be said for the 17" due to the tires sidewall height. An 18" to a 19" would be the best choice for handling.

I have 20's, the difference in handling (or loss of) is so minute, even unoticable, it doesnt even matter.

bleeblee said:
I have 20's, the difference in handling (or loss of) is so minute, even unoticable, it doesnt even matter.

BleeBlee:I completely agree with you. to me the car feels more solid and handles better with the 20"s then it did with the 17"s. But then again I only had the 17"'s on my car for about 20 miles.:nice: