200,000 Bottom End

Grabbin' Asphalt

5 Year Member
Jun 10, 2013
Atlanta, Ga
The odometer is about to flip to 200,000 miles. It had 46,000miles on it when I purchased it in '94. I'll try and snap pics of the line up of the numbers as it puts on a few thousand miles. Some have said that's how you can tell the odometer has flipped with the numbers being off line. Snap a pic of yours add it to this post so we can compare people's #'s

IMAG0917.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Lol, wondering if someone would see that :D
First one is at start up but stays near that 75% mark afterwards, 2nd one is just lights on. When I started adding 20-50 synthetic it raised my psi pretty good. Put in a high volume oil pump to help throw that thicker stuff around. I'm in georgia in this DD with city traffic, gets pretty darn hot so I went this route to help out my high mile bottom end. Just putting in some 20-50 will raise it.

Reactions: 1 user
I used to run 20-50 in all my vehicles year round. Then the first cold ass morning of this winter I went to start my Bronco and that thing hammered for like 5 seconds until it finally was able to build up oil pressure. I live in Arkansas so you'd think "hey it won't get too cold" yeah freaking right. -2 degrees and 20-50 is like molasses. All my vehicles got 10-30 real freaking quick. Also, thicker oil robs HP

I run 5w-30 conventional year round here in AZ with the high pressure pump I just put in it about the same as yours above but I have 175k on my block. do my oil every 3k with a wix filter. the previous owner was not as nice when I had the intake off to do the intake manifold gaskets it looked like someone had been running this car on coffee and mud. the first two oil changes were HD oil with 1 quart of MMO and was changed at 1k miles. with how it looked you would have thought I went to 8-10k on the oil.