2000 GT 5.4L dyno results

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
We found out the stock intake is definitely too small for the 5.4L. It made a ton of torque down low, but hit a wall about 4500rpm. We were expecting something close to the 321rwtq, but Shawn was a little disappointed with only 261rwhp. The car is a blast to drive on the street though. :D

Video of the dyno run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7ZSFGpj7Y

shawndyno.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, its out of a 2003 F-150. It only has 11k miles on it. Like Mike was saying I am a little disappointed at the HP number but the TQ was exactly where we thought it would be. Just waiting for the HPS 5.4 intake to come out :D

Remind us, was that out of an F series truck?

I have that motor in an F150, I can only imagine it in a car 1500 pounds lighter through a 5 speed! Can you swap on an intake from a 2005+ cobra?

Adam

I drove this car and I can tell you it's a blast on the street. It'll spin all the way through second if you wanted to. :D

The 05+ Cobra is a 4V and uses the Ford GT heads, or something very similar. Plus the intake is a blower. ;) So no, it will not fit. The Lightning blower will fit...if you cut a hole in the hood. :lol:

Just curious, did you tune it or swap PMS or anything ? Was this an easy swap?

It was tuned by Brian at DynoTune Motorsports in Columbus. It's the stock computer, he just used an SCT programmer to flash it.

The swap was time consuming, but pretty easy as far as engine swaps go. It's basically the same thing as a 5.0 to 5.8 swap. I think the only part from the 4.6 that doesn't bolt on is the timing cover intake, and Reichard Racing makes adapter plates for the intake. The hardest part was getting the transmission re-installed since you have to attach the trans and bellhousing as one piece.