2001 Mustang GT---$$$13,500?

• Sponsors (?)

just curious, how do you like the bbk headers. i am looking at a set and i like them. how do they sound and how much more power did they give you? where i live that is a cheap price for a 01 GT. GT's are very popular around my area. you cannot find a used one anywhere.

at my local ford dealer has one GT. it is an 02 with over 50,000 miles on it and they are asking 19,900 for it. that is an average price for a GT that is in good condition where i live. it does seem very high but it is true. they will normally sell for that price too. it sounds really stupid doesn't it?

Performance

I got my extra-clean loaded 02’ GT still under factory warranty (w/ new rubber and new tinting) with 31,000 miles for 14,900. Speaking of which, what little tricks can be done to inexpensively boost horsepower and performance without putting undue stress on the engine? Chips, new exhaust, etc.?

I paid 14,500 about 6mos ago, with 42k. I'm not saying that was a great deal, but I wouldn't take 13,500 for mine. :D But I've only put about 2.5k on it since I bought it.

Bottom line good starting point, but depending upon the market, you may have to go lower. Good market for stangs in my area 3 colleges and 4 military bases. :banana:

http://www.kbb.com

Engine: V8 4.6 Liter
Trans: 5 Speed Manual
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 35,600

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Multi Compact Disc -- Mach460
Premium Sound -- Mach460
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Power Seat
Rear Spoiler
Alloy Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent

Listings for This Car $12,880

With Premimum Wheels: $13,085
Premium Wheels + Leather: $13,375
Alloy Wheels + Leather: $13,170

hey fast 02, the price you paid is close to what i am going to put my gt up for.

2002 gt premium package. 8,800 miles....18000 bucks.

that does not include the bbs wheels, rear seat delete, or slp x pipe, im keeping those. :D buyer gets the rest.