2003 Mustang 3.8l fuel cut-off switch.

EPiXNiCROS

Feb 13, 2008
I managed to put my Mustang into a concrete barrier at almost 60mph last week. I'm fine but my poor Mustang has seen better days.

See picks here: http://xpxs.com/images/mustang.html

I've decided to do the repairs myself because the car is paid off and I am really interested in restoring a classic in the near future and this should be some good practice.

I've removed all of the damaged pieces that didn't remove themselves when I hit the wall and tried starting the car last night. It sounds like it's not getting fuel. I think on 99+ Mustangs they installed a fuel cut-off switch somewhere but I couldn't find it. Does anybody know where it's located on the 2003 3.8l Mustang?

Also, I need to replace the driver side rear quarter panel, The back end looks pretty strait forward but I'm not sure where the seam / spot welds are in the front around the door jam. Any tips on removing the rear quarter panels will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I managed to put my Mustang into a concrete barrier at almost 60mph last week. I'm fine but my poor Mustang has seen better days.

See picks here: http://xpxs.com/images/mustang.html

I've decided to do the repairs myself because the car is paid off and I am really interested in restoring a classic in the near future and this should be some good practice.

I've removed all of the damaged pieces that didn't remove themselves when I hit the wall and tried starting the car last night. It sounds like it's not getting fuel. I think on 99+ Mustangs they installed a fuel cut-off switch somewhere but I couldn't find it. Does anybody know where it's located on the 2003 3.8l Mustang?

Also, I need to replace the driver side rear quarter panel, The back end looks pretty strait forward but I'm not sure where the seam / spot welds are in the front around the door jam. Any tips on removing the rear quarter panels will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

With regard to the fuel pump shut-off switch, it is just a button in the trunk on, I believe, the left side. There should be an opening cut in the vertical trunk lining that allows you to stick your finger in and poke the button.

Good luck