2004 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gts vs. 68 mustang coupe

monkeyman08880

Sep 25, 2004
I have a 1968 mustang coupe with a 289 v8 automatic thats running around 290 hp. I have the edelbrock performer package (matching heads, high rise intake, 600 carb, and cam), thorley tri-y headers and a flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust. My buddy has a 2004 mitsubishi eclipse spyder and he thinks he could take me. Were getting ready to race and i wanna know if you think i can beat him (probably around a 1/4-1/2 mile).

• Sponsors (?)

LOL! Can you say "no low end torque". 0-60, at speed, whatever you want - you're going to smoke him every time, unless he's got some serious mods. That's an 8 second car, I'm sure you can do better than that. Just make sure you hook up and you shouldn't have an issue.

I don't know man... I had a 2001 GS and I ran pretty good with my friends 68 fastback. He had aluminum intake, 4 bbl holley, b&m shift kit, headers, flowmasters, .30 over bore on his 302... he would take me BUT!

2001 GS= 147 horsepower
2004 GTS= 210 horsepower

I think you'll take him... but don't get your hopes up.

Tell him, it doesn't matter how fast he is... he can't outrun ugly!

If you want to pick on imports... pick on mine :flame:
94 Supra TT 457rwhp

bmcelhinn said:
I don't know man... I had a 2001 GS and I ran pretty good with my friends 68 fastback. He had aluminum intake, 4 bbl holley, b&m shift kit, headers, flowmasters, .30 over bore on his 302... he would take me BUT!

2001 GS= 147 horsepower
2004 GTS= 210 horsepower

I think you'll take him... but don't get your hopes up.

Tell him, it doesn't matter how fast he is... he can't outrun ugly!

If you want to pick on imports... pick on mine :flame:
94 Supra TT 457rwhp

whats the supra run in the 1/4?

monkeyman08880 said:
I have a 1968 mustang coupe with a 289 v8 automatic thats running around 290 hp. I have the edelbrock performer package (matching heads, high rise intake, 600 carb, and cam), thorley tri-y headers and a flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust. My buddy has a 2004 mitsubishi eclipse spyder and he thinks he could take me. Were getting ready to race and i wanna know if you think i can beat him (probably around a 1/4-1/2 mile).

from a dig or even from a 10-50mph roll and still take him. don't worry about it. :flag:

What kind of mods does your friend have on that eclipse? Being front wheel drive you should beat him off the line. I have owned 2 Eclipse GSX's. First one ran 12.90 @ 105 in the 1/4. The other one felt faster, but never got it to the track. Those cars can be made very fast. From a stop you should be able to beat him, would not race him from a roll though. If he is stock you will smoke him. Post his mods and I can tell you pretty close what you will be looking at racing him.

Just re-read your post, you said a 2004 eclipse. YOU WILL and SHOULD SMOKE him. If it were a 1990-1999 model with the Turbo 46G3 engine, the above would apply. the newer ones are a joke.