20hp resistor

• Sponsors (?)

idk the idea behind this but its probably a scam. im pretty sure resistors only keep current at a certain level within the car. for example a resistor determines how much current goes to an electric fan for different speeds like lo and high so idk what hp ud make off that

Just say no.

This "mod" involves putting the resistor on the air temperature sensor in the MAF housing, to fool it into thinking the air charge is much cooler than it is. This tells the computer that it can advance the timing a little to make more power, and richen the mixture to maintain the A/F ratio in the cold air.

It will make a little more power (maybe 5 HP) initially, but since the engine is running richer, your spark plugs will be getting fouled, your car will be blowing black smoke, and eventually your Check Engine light will be on, your car will be in the shop, and all the mechanics will be laughing at you! :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

This is a terrible idea. To do anything with a resistor you would have to solder it in, and probably somewhere in the wiring harness or chips or somewhere. If this were the case then a programmer would do the job. So spend the money if you really want to have horsepower. HP=MONEY so dont expect 20 hp from a 1 cent resistor. And yes they actually cost one cent.

my mustang is for sale im me and ill send pic's i'm asking $3,000 obo. it have a modeled tv in the dash new carpet, seats, headliner. pioneer cd player, sony 1000 watts amp. pioneer speaker in the door and back deck. the heads have been port and polished. k&n oil filter, high flow air filter. comes with a lot of extra parts