24 Injectors?

michaelgt

Jun 25, 2015
My old injectors are leaking so I'm thinking of replacing them with 24 injectors with my combination a parts I have 80 millimeter mass air flow sensor Pro M hook to a C&L tube 65 throttle body and spacer Holley systemax upper and lower intake manifold 1.7 rocker arms with stock cam ported stock cylinder heads mishimoto radiator 180 thermostat NGK spark plugs MSD spark plug wires BBK shorty headers hooked to stock H pipe with 4 cats Dynomax super turbo mufflers aluminum driveshaft 355 rear end gears Steeda upper control arms Pro 5 0 short shifter.. will they make my car run richer or will it be okay with this setup?? Also my car is a 1989 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

24 injectors will not fit your intake without MAJOR modifications. You only need 8 :stick:
Seriously, you don't need 24 pounders, 19s will do just fine
I have to question the 80mm mass air to a 65mm tb.
What size is the opening on the intake?

Ya that's what I thought but will I lose performance will it run too rich if I put it on now I do plan on doing cylinder heads and a bigger cam later on

You will spend money just to achieve the performance that you currently possess. If you have it tuned, you will spend a lot of money to achieve the performance that you currently possess.

Save the cost of new injectors, MAF and/or tune, for a performance modification that warrants it. This way, you're not spending money twice.

Think about an intercooled blower setup. THEN, we'd have fuel injectors and fuel systems to talk about.

What do you mean by injector leaking? You can buy a full injector rebuild kit on eBay for like $20. Pintle caps, spacers, O rings and filters. I did that when I bought a used set of Ford 42's.

The injectors are leaking gas through a little hole I found 24 injectors on eBay for $100 they're Ford/boss just wondering if 24 are good for my setup
Forget the 24s, 19s will support alot more than you think.
Where is the hole your talking about, I've never rebuilt injectors but it can't be hard, fix what you got, 88mm maf to 65mm tb (choke) to 72mm intake opening to me would be a problem although not big one but does need to be addressed in my opinion.
Efi as with carburetors where bigger is not always better.
On a side note I would think 24s for $100 is not a bad price if they are plug and play, some types need adapters, don't know about ford/boss. Maybe for future mods but not good for what you got now.