2nd gear problem

Since it has been freezing cold here in hellhole illinois, my car doesnt want to be shifted into 2nd gear from 1st or downshifted from 3rd, i can take off in 2nd without a problem but when its really cold like it has been lately it refuses to be shifted into. what do you think will fix my issue? thank you

• Sponsors (?)

mineralgray2002 said:
Since it has been freezing cold here in hellhole illinois, my car doesnt want to be shifted into 2nd gear from 1st or downshifted from 3rd, i can take off in 2nd without a problem but when its really cold like it has been lately it refuses to be shifted into. what do you think will fix my issue? thank you

Move to Florida. Just kidding man, I hate Illinois winters too, especially in Chicago!

mineralgray2002 said:
I'm in southern illinois and it still sucks, i wish i could go to florida but then i'd be jealous bout the saleen i saw while i was down there, i have the fastest gt around here thats street legal....and its stock..how sad

Haha, yeah I dont like it further South. I go to school in Champaign-Urbana, rather be up North in Chicago. Move to Florida and get a KB, then go looking for that Saleen.

There is a TSB on your transmission. I just had mine done a couple months ago. It made a huge difference. I don't know if they will do the TSB if you are out of warranty, but it would be worth a shot. Good luck.

mineralgray2002 said:

Check the fluid level, And let your car warm up before you drive it, it take a little while for heat to transfer from engine to trans.

Mr GT 02 said:
no warranty=no TSB fix for him.

He just needs to warm it up first.

Actually, no warranty = no FREE TSB fix for him.. they'll still perform it. And if he's within a certain number of miles or months of warranty expiration, a few words with the service manager will probably get it done for free anyway.

sgarlic said:
Actually, no warranty = no FREE TSB fix for him.. they'll still perform it. And if he's within a certain number of miles or months of warranty expiration, a few words with the service manager will probably get it done for free anyway.
Yup, worked for me when i had the Silverado. Gotta talk to the right people. Just take it in and see what happens

only had a 1 month warranty to start adn that was back in february, bought it used..kinda got ripped off but i was tired of seeing cars i wanted being sold the day i went to get them so i bought it on sight after havin a little fun in it, ill check the levels of fluid