2nd time at Track (Track times)

MGSTANG

Founding Member
Aug 4, 2002
Palm Bay Fl
I just went to the track today for my 2nd time with a 5 speed GT. Take in mind that I use to have a v6 automatic so I don't have the driving skills down yet. The best time is with 100 shot of nitrous, 3.73's, and mac prochamber with street tires that are no way track ready. But here it is:

R/T .687
60' 2.146
330 5.798
1/8 8.687
MPH 85.51
1000 11.168
1/4 13.248
MPH 108.44

• Sponsors (?)

What kit do you have? Most kits for the mustang are a full throttle activated nitrous setup. So if your not able to get traction in first you might hold off full throttle until you hit second gear. then when you get some some drag radials or slicks you can go full throttle in first gear.

kirkyg

Thanks, I have the NX kit setup on a window switch to on at 3000 off at 5800. I don't do any power shifting, still to afraid for that. I didn't have any problems with spinning in first. The car did have a little spin shifting into 2nd. I think with a bottle heater and DR's I would have been in the 12's. Weather was cooler out on Sunday and bottle was cool to the touch. Track was actually prepped for once. I have to practice my launch. But I have gotten better with the 60'. Dropped 2 tenths. I ran 5 runs and each one I got better. My first was a 14.5 at 105, the last was 13.2 at 107. So I'm getting there. Maybe one more run I would have gotten 12's. I know that with the 3.73's I have I should be having a lot better 60'. But I'm still learning. I plan on getting Nitto DR's. If anyone knows of a good deal on them, lemme know. I found them for $160 a piece shipped.

Update: I went to the track for my 3rd time. This time I had DR's. I went a 13.2 at 108 and my friend who can get his car in the 12's with the same setup only got a 13.1 at 109. According to him my nitrous didn't have a kick so maybe I need a purge. I haven't learned how to launch yet I get to nervous when I'm at the line. I know this car is a low to mid 12 second car, seen it done with the exact same setup, and that person didn't have gears. Just needs a better driver I guess