3.55 in my v6?

KisStang

Apr 2, 2006
Naperville IL
so while i love to post the pics of my insane gas mileage, i am a little upset with my gearing in this new car. at 80 mph i sit at just 2000 rpm. i only use 1st and 2nd gear most of the time. I take off and by the time i am ready to **** out of second at 3200 rpm i am already ready for 6th. I am looking at putting some 3.55 gears in the back of this thing to make it more fun. I am not too worried about gas as my company gives me an allowance for the car (more then pays for the car and insurance each month) and gives me some mileage to pay for the fuel.

My question is does anyone know about how much it would cost in labor to put some 355s in the 8.8. and will it void the warranty if i use ford parts?

thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

well to answer your questions I have 373 rear gears in mine and I love them but mine is a 5 spd I installed mine in my garage and doing them was not hard and it was my first time doing gears they came out perfect . The reason I did mine is because the average cost to have them installed is 250 to 300 thats not including the cost of the gears and traction lok unless you buy the parts yourself another thing to remember most shops dont give you any kind of warranty on performance parts. As far as voiding your warranty im pretty sure any time you add any performance aftermarket parts your warranty will be void . usually when it comes from the factory I think they mark it in someway to know if you crack the differential im not sure on that so don't quote me . Alot of ppl go 373 with a 5 spd and 410 with the auto so consider that as well . good luck with your decision

Hi KisStang,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. arcwcb is right, an aftermarket part will not void your warranty. However, if a specific aftermarket part causes a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info.

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division