30# Injectors to Large, Right?

I am hopefully buying a 90lx 5.0 5spd this week. I have not test drove the car yet, but I think that it will run rich with the 30#er's on it. The mod list is as follows:

chrome 17' saleen rims less than 7000 miles on them
khumo tires (all weather) 265 40 17 front 285 40 17 rear less than 7000 miles on the
new euro style headlights
custom alluminum shifter knob
new 5.0 short block less than 7000 miles on it
gt40p heads
p style headers( ford motorsports)
bbk cat-less h pipe
flowmaster 40 series mufflers
e cam w matched valvetrain (ford motorsports) springs, lifters, pushrods
1.7 roller rocker ( crane energizer)
30lb injectors (ford motorsport)
cobra upper intake
gt40 lower intake
cold air intake
superchips performance module( not installed)
77 mm pro m mass air
edlebrock 70 mm throttle body
new bosch platinum plugs
new 8.5 mm racing wires
new msd blaster coil
new msd 6al ignition box w adjustable rev limiter
new cap and rotor
new mass air sensor
no smog
new alternator
new water pump
new oil pump
new double roller timing chain
new ignition modual
355 motorsport gears
bbk adjustable clutch quadrant
zoom kevlar clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing
new fan clutch, (electric fan is availible if specified, aditional charge for parts)
raidiator flush
new mobil 1 synthetic 5w 30 fram oil filter

If I purchase this, it will only be a DD, nothing more. I have my "drag car". I was thinking about swaping out the MAF and injectors for a stock set I have laying around. Maybe try to make some money off of it. I don't think the 19's will be to small... But what do y'all think?

• Sponsors (?)

Definitely sell the 30's and make some money to buy a good MAF to go with your 19's.

I had a '94 cobra motor with E303 cam and 1.7RR's. Headers, exhaust, throttle body, MAF, etc... I still had 19lb injectors and they worked great. I sold the car to a buddy, and he put 24's in it, and said there was no power improvement at all.

I would recommend not installing the superchip. I've never had one personally, but I've heard they kill gas mileage and don't offer any improvement. Just bump your timing to 14* and you'll get the same effect.

Jeff

umm don't go back to the stock mass air thou it will choke the hell outta those heads, but i think 19's will work great, i called trick flow becuase i was gonna get one of their kits and they said with h/c/i, 24 were a must, so i bought some, and now with my setup the 24 makes it rich, imagine that, idiots

bryce93lx said:
umm don't go back to the stock mass air thou it will choke the hell outta those heads, but i think 19's will work great, i called trick flow becuase i was gonna get one of their kits and they said with h/c/i, 24 were a must, so i bought some, and now with my setup the 24 makes it rich, imagine that, idiots

idiots? they prolly make that say a "must" becasue if you under inject it, you will blow it up. they obviously have a reason for saying 24s becasue it makes premium HP.

how do you know your car is running rich? what wideband do you have? my car smells rich, but its not!