$3000+ to fix squeek

TenaciousD

Founding Member
Sep 15, 2001
Tampa,Fl
well I took it back to the dealership today as the squeek was back and they "found" the problem. They said my Axel is bent causing the rotor to rub. I guess I will take it to and indipendent shop for a 2nd look but other wise I will be selling it :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

TenaciousD said:
well I took it back to the dealership today as the squeek was back and they "found" the problem. They said my Axel is bent causing the rotor to rub. I guess I will take it to and indipendent shop for a 2nd look but other wise I will be selling it :bang:

Causing the rotor to rub on what???? I have a rear squeek too.

this should be very easy to verify. pull the axel and take a look. I don't know from what years you can get an axel but a used axel at the bone yard is proably cheap.

axels come out and go in easy. this is nto something you need a shop for. I you you own any tools and jack this is an easy fix. with a good axel in hand this in 1hour in the driveway.

never go back to the dealership again and I would also call ford and report them.

the only way that could cost 3k is if they replaced the whole rearend. which may be how some of these retared dealerships do it now who knows.

Well the squeek is gone :hail2: , I had a new axel put on for around$300, i also had to get a new coil and sparkplug as It started misfiring today on the drive over. I think i have spent about $2000 this month on this car :nonono: but did I mention the SQUEEK IS GONE :nice:
And as a treat I ordered Headers today :banana: so now I am broke :(
This will be the last mod for awhile.
Incase I have a shop do it, what is an average price 4 header install( they will also need to cut my prochamber to fit(headers are longtube)
Thanks guys for all the help