302-351 Intake Question

Calypso Cruiser

Nov 11, 2013
Calgary
Hey guys,
So I have a 351w roller EFI. I thought I heard years ago that you could use the upper plenum from a 302 on the lower plenum from a truck 302... I'm wondering if anyone has tried the 302 upper on a 351 lower? My car is in winter storage at the moment so I can't measure or swap. I'm also talking about stock EFI intakes.
If nobody has tried this I'll give it a shot in spring time. If someone has tried or has any input by all means post up.
And yes, I'm looking for a cheap intake option for a 351 swap.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you seen a 351 truck lower? It's unique.

3235543712_67dc8eb7d7-jpg.233432

far right. No other intake will bolt to it

Yes it seems they are much different. One of those lightning lowers with GT upper, throttle body and 24# injectors came up for sale not far from me. 700$ sounded high but may be not too bad. They look pretty slick. But still getting close to the price of a new tfs or edelbrock.
Thanks for the input!

Iirc, the holley upper will bolt to the stock truck lower, but the ports are waaay off. There was a guy on corral who was cnc porting a 351 lower for the holley, dunno what came of, but it's not exactly the best idea when you can probably find a whole used edelbrock 351 victor for less.

I don't know if the hood clearance will allow, but BC Broncos has a adapter. It allows for the truck 351 lower to be mated to the car 302 upper.

B.C. Broncos - Early Bronco EFI Fuel Parts and Kits - B. C. Broncos llc - products new home - manifold adaptor 351/5.0
that's a pretty slick adapter... too bad I forgot about this thread. I should check this place out more. I ended up buy a used lightning lower with the tubular cobra upper. Which I find to be a very good looking set-up. It may not flow the most air but if I add some boost it will perform very well.

Reactions: 1 user