308 with AFR 185's

• Sponsors (?)

i called comp today and they told me to get the 270HR these are the specs
218 int 224 ex
512 int 512 ex
the guy didnt mention the centerline though.

The 1087 cam specs are 222-232 and 510-534 and its about $220 cheaper.
If this doesnt pick me up some power then i will buy a thinner head gasket.

So you think a thinner head gasket will do the trick? I've read where people say to call Comp Cams 15-20 times and go with whichever they recommend the most, since you won't get the same recommendation.

If I may pry, what's stopping you from getting a custom? I worked with Jay and got what I wanted, but I'm sure Ed can do the same for you if you don't want to deal with Jay, for whatever reason. Those guys won't only sell you a cam but tell you what you need to make it all work together and still help you out after the purchase. Comp cams will not do that.

Just a heads up.

tight budget $100 vs $325 is the only reason. House payment, 2 mustangs, bike,and gun habit. Almost forgot, i have a wife.

get rid of the wife :shrug:

:D

if you have a gun habit sell one of the guns and there is the price for your custom cam. Im going the custom cam route b/c I know with my combo and what I want to do w/ the car I can get better results then with an over the shelf cam.

Honestly man, if $225 bucks will break ya, you don't need a new cam to begin with.

Just save up and do it right. That extra $225 bucks will be well worth it in the long run.

Exactly! I've heard this many many times. A cam is the last thing you want to skimp on. I would also suggest to just save a little while longer and buy the right thing this time.

Let's say you get this other cam and it doesn't perform how you want, you are going to find a way to get yet another cam to try to make it work.

But oh well, it's your thing and your money, we're just trying to help since we've been there. But good luck with whatever you decide.

BTW, I have a wife, kids, building 2 engines, apt, wife's vehicle, and school loan. When there's a will, there's a way.