347 Best Gear Size? 4:10 is to much right now

sonicblue87lx

Jul 1, 2005
well with the setup im running right now 347 with a aode and a 4:10 I have no highway being the gear is so high. The car wants to just keep pulling.. Should i switch up from the 4:10 to a 3:73 or a 3:55?
On the express way there was a vette behind me and he was riding my ass so i just took off and i was pulling on him like no other.. I knew he was try to keep up.. I would have kept going if it wasnt for the gear i ran out of gear and then he was able to pass..

Any help would be great thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What is your combo? What do you mean "no highway"? My friend has 4.10's and he's at like 2400-2500 on the highway keeping up with traffic. Keep the 4.10's, swapping to a 3.73 will only reduce your highway cruise rpm's by 200-250 rpm aka not much.

Sorry for the confusion.. I have no problem if im just driving normal really. If i want to get on it ill bounce off the limiter But here is the thing.. the car is a 347 stroker, trickflow heads, trick flow stage one cam, scorpion 1.7 rockers, trickflow intake, fluidine radiator, 2500 Stall Convertor and two chips the one thats in right now has all the shift point changed
The guy i bought the car off of told me if i want to get out it take the overdrive off becuase cuz something about the convertor i dont remember off hand what he said i have to ask him again.. so if i wasnt to really just dog on the car i take the OD off. Im sorry if im not making sence the car put out 310 rwhp and 380rwtq