347 need help

91Silver_LX

Dec 8, 2009
Georgia
Well I am looking at getting a 347. Anyone on here know of any good reputable places to buy a 347 short block. I have around 2000.00 to spend. I would like decent internals. The crank doesn't have to be forged but the rods and pistons do. I am looking for something that will be around 10.2-10.5 compression. I have a new set of AFR 185's that are 60CC. I also have a Trick Flow stage 2 cam and a Trick Flow Track Heat intake. I would like to use this cam and intake but dont know much about this stuff. Not sure if this cam and intake match the AFR 185's well or if they will get me the ET's I am looking for. My goal is to get the car into the 11.00's -11.10's N/A and with as very little nitrous as possible I would like 10.30's -10.50's. The car is 3300 lbs and has some suspension work done to it. I will also be switching from a drag radial to a 26 X 8.5 slick. I will be running a 4.10 gear as well with a TKO 500 5 speed. I also will be buying 42# injectors. I really dont want to spray more than 100 shot. Wherever I end up getting the shortblock from will end up being a stock block still. Any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

fordstrokers.com thats where I got mine. excellent customer service. just email him or he has a chat on his page and he will build you what you want and he can give you advise on what works. mine runs awsome!