347 problems

Okay i am now going nuts!!! 347 just started, ran fine for 2 days, and now backfires and losses power when off idle. Changed intake(found a crack), found a kink in fuel line(fixed it), new fuel filter, and a new pump. Still having issues. Timing is at 36 degrees.(is that right?) It is fuel injected with 30# injectors. Fuel pressure 37lbs at idle. Any ideas? I have beat myself against the wall on this for 4 or 5 days now:bang:. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
PS First post hope its enough info. New to forums.

• Sponsors (?)

347 stroker stock block, eagle 4340 crank, eagle H-beam rods, Mahle pistons(8.6:1 comp.) gt40p heads(ported and bowled), Comp cams .544/.560 on 114 centerline, edelbrock rpm 2 intake, FRPP 30# injectors, Abaco 85mm mass air, anderson 3.5in power pipe(mass air in fender), Accufab 70mm throttle body(egr delete),255 walbro pump...........i think thats it and yes with vacuum hooked up to regulator(thats what i forgot) which is an aeromotive reg. thank you.

Still sounds like a vac. leak. Just because you don't have a lot of vac lines, doesn't mean they're not leaking. Your intake could also be leaking. Will the car stay at idle by itself?

So I put it at 16 took it for a short drive ran the greatest it has ran yet.........for about 10 mins then it started acting like it was running out of gas the problem got progressivly worse the longer it ran barely made it back around my neighborhood loop, turn it off start it up ran good for 30 seconds and started it again. Have to go out for a few hours now will look back later...
thank you guys it is getting better.... i hope.

Nothing more than a stab in the dark here but aside from tracking down vacuum leaks, I'd also be taking a hard look at your fuel regulator.

For the purpose of troubleshooting, see if you can find an OEM non-adjustable regulator to slave in there just to elimnate it as a cause.

After that, you symptoms sound like they are tune related. Start it up, it runs fine... Warm it up and it turns to crap. I have a sneaking suspicion that your MAF and fuel injectors are not agreeing with your EEC. It sounds as if it's attempting to go into closed loop and pooping all over itself.

How were your EEC, injectors and MAF matched?

Is your EEC stock and unmodified or chipped?
Is your MAF supposed to be calibrated for 30# injectors? ...and if so, is it calibrated for 30# injectors and EXACTLY the EEC model you're using? (if it's cal'd for an A9L and 30s then a Cobra EEC will not work etc.)

If all of that is correct (as much as you can tell), then I'd send the MAF in for flow testing to ensure it's setup the way it needs to be for your computer and injector size.

I have an Abaco 85mm digital mass air with a 30# tune on it.a9l reman computer. no tune on the computer. I hope it is not the regulator it is new. I appreciate the ideas. I will go check out the reg and look for vacuum leaks. And maybe retune the mass air. Thank you.

Does your MAF use sample tubes?

If so: Ensure the correct tube is installed (of course) and also try "re-clocking" the MAF.

I'm not familiar with Abaco so thought to ask.